Jack51

help on 1929 dodge brothers doctors coupe

Good idea. I have been following this, but got a little confused. Hadn't totally realized I was trying to find some "missing" responses. This should be a more effective format, all info on the same place. Unusual, "lovable" body style on a good "Nickel era" chassis. 

Really looking forward to seeing more pictures !  I hope it is good enough to find a new home here.   -   Carl 

On 1/9/2019 at 8:00 PM, 30DodgePanel said:

Someone who claims what he has claimed but yet is off by 4 years is very concerning..

He told me it was a 1929 but after looking at the title he realized it was a 1925 as it was his father's car and he doesn't know anything about the car.

4 hours ago, gwells said:

You posted the same thing in three different forums here and, by long-standing internet convention, that's kinda frowned upon; it's called 'cross-posting.'

I've merged all three threads together and have deleted the duplicate posts to clean up the merged thread, which is here in General Discussion.

Sorry about that. Didn't know the rules, won't happen again.

Certainly no apologies needed. No big thing. Our moderators do a fine job making AACA forum the great worldwide tool that it is.

I myself do not feel comfortable trying to figure out the value of your car. But the guys here will get you very close with many more pictures of everything. I once helped a friend who had no computer skills sell his 1937 LaSalle two-door sedan. I loaded 40 or 50 pictures to send to any prospective buyers. Second guy to call me bought it with no questions asked. You will have to submit pictures as per keiser31's third response above. This is particularly important due to the difficulty you may encounter in answering pertinent questions. Sadly, your friend's father would have been the only one who could have given the kind of verbal information needed. But somebody once told me that a picture is worth something like 100 words. Or was it 1,000?

Good luck with the sale. I hope one of our guys is close enough to you to pay a visit.

-  Carl 

1 hour ago, Jack51 said:

He told me it was a 1929 but after looking at the title he realized it was a 1925 as it was his father's car and he doesn't know anything about the car.

That's a very good reason to be off that far... not a red flag after all. 

Good luck, hope it works out good for you. 

1 hour ago, Jack51 said:

Sorry about that. Didn't know the rules, won't happen again.

Jack, not really a rule but rather an unwritten convention on the 'net.

It does make more sense to have all the responses in one place, don't you think?

1 hour ago, Jack51 said:

So is the car worth the $15k I have in it?

As a lot of people here keep saying, there's really insufficient info for anyone to respond to this question, Jack.

Is there some problem that prevents you or someone from taking more pictures to post in this thread so we can give you informed opinions as to the car's value?

5 hours ago, Jack51 said:

So is the car worth the $15k I have in it?

Not trying to be all negative on you, but I personally wouldn't want to be that deep into it, at least with what information I have thus far.  A very decent '25 Roadster (a much more desirable body style) sold recently for about half that amount. Again, I'm not saying you don't have a nice car. If it's mechanically right you still have a great car that will give you a lot of fun. You may not be able to get what you've got in it out of it if you're looking to sell it, but if you bought it to enjoy then I wouldn't worry too much. These early four-cyl DBs are really good cars, they just don't seem to bring significant money.