help on 1929 dodge brothers doctors coupe

Jack51

Definitely looks to be a '25 or early '26.  Also appears to be one of the "special" series with the plated radiator shell, bumpers, etc.  Nice car. These are really well built cars, but are only realistically 35 mph or so road cars. Without seeing more details (interior, engine bay, etc.) it's difficult to put a value to it. If everything is nice I would say you're looking at anywhere between $7,500 to a max of $10,000.

Need more photos and information. What does the interior look like? You say it was redone. What material? Are those windows tinted? Photos of the engine, interior, underside, trunk and other areas would help to determine it's value. Was there or is there any rust? 

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

Need more photos and information. What does the interior look like? You say it was redone. What material? Are those windows tinted? Photos of the engine, interior, underside, trunk and other areas would help to determine it's value. Was there or is there any rust? 

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

Hi, and thanks again for your help.

That is all the photos I have but will get more.What I have been told is that it's all original with one repaint and no rust. Seat might have been redone but looks original. It is part of a trade deal and I don't have a clue about anything this old and just trying to cover my money on the deal. I will get more pics and info and post them later or tomorrow.

Thank you again for your time and knowledge 

Hang in here, Jack51. 'Round these parts, cars this old are kind of a specialty of the house.  By the time enough data and info is supplied and crunched, you will be confident in the price range to be determined. You came to the right place  and are in good hands. From what I see so far, I really like the little coupe. Looks like it could be very solid and tight.  -  Carl 

On 1/10/2019 at 4:05 AM, C Carl said:

Hang in here, Jack51. 'Round these parts, cars this old are kind of a specialty of the house.  By the time enough data and info is supplied and crunched, you will be confident in the price range to be determined. You came to the right place  and are in good hands. From what I see so far, I really like the little coupe. Looks like it could be very solid and tight.  -  Carl 

Hi Carl yes its a clean very tight auto. he was mistaken about the year at first but after checking the title he corrected it.the car belonged to his dad so he knows about as much about it as I do.I appreciate your help along with everyone else that has been very helpful Thank You all

What people are trying to tell you is that in old cars (like with so many collectibles) DETAILS MATER! 

Among old cars it is very common that one year is 'priceless' and the next year is 'worthless'. 

The word "original" has VERY SPECIFIC meanings (especially around here) and can significantly affect both price AND interest. 

Imagine if somebody posted a picture of a house asking for a valuation but could not correctly state where it was located? or that the description and picture did not match between one story and two story . . . ? But they still want to know what it was worth. . . 

Same as if somebody asked what some stock was worth without saying the name of the company or how many shares they had. 

You can get excellent help here BUT exact information is critical. 

The more information AND PICTURES the more accurate your answer. 

• Like 3

Jack51,

You posted the same thing in three different forums here and, by long-standing internet convention, that's kinda frowned upon; it's called 'cross-posting.'

I've merged all three threads together and have deleted the duplicate posts to clean up the merged thread, which is here in General Discussion.

Just wanted to let you and everyone else know what happened.

• Like 2

Good idea. I have been following this, but got a little confused. Hadn't totally realized I was trying to find some "missing" responses. This should be a more effective format, all info on the same place. Unusual, "lovable" body style on a good "Nickel era" chassis. 

Really looking forward to seeing more pictures !  I hope it is good enough to find a new home here.   -   Carl 

On 1/9/2019 at 8:00 PM, 30DodgePanel said:

Someone who claims what he has claimed but yet is off by 4 years is very concerning..

He told me it was a 1929 but after looking at the title he realized it was a 1925 as it was his father's car and he doesn't know anything about the car.

4 hours ago, gwells said:

You posted the same thing in three different forums here and, by long-standing internet convention, that's kinda frowned upon; it's called 'cross-posting.'

I've merged all three threads together and have deleted the duplicate posts to clean up the merged thread, which is here in General Discussion.

Sorry about that. Didn't know the rules, won't happen again.

Certainly no apologies needed. No big thing. Our moderators do a fine job making AACA forum the great worldwide tool that it is.

I myself do not feel comfortable trying to figure out the value of your car. But the guys here will get you very close with many more pictures of everything. I once helped a friend who had no computer skills sell his 1937 LaSalle two-door sedan. I loaded 40 or 50 pictures to send to any prospective buyers. Second guy to call me bought it with no questions asked. You will have to submit pictures as per keiser31's third response above. This is particularly important due to the difficulty you may encounter in answering pertinent questions. Sadly, your friend's father would have been the only one who could have given the kind of verbal information needed. But somebody once told me that a picture is worth something like 100 words. Or was it 1,000?

Good luck with the sale. I hope one of our guys is close enough to you to pay a visit.

-  Carl 

1 hour ago, Jack51 said:

He told me it was a 1929 but after looking at the title he realized it was a 1925 as it was his father's car and he doesn't know anything about the car.

That's a very good reason to be off that far... not a red flag after all. 

Good luck, hope it works out good for you. 

1 hour ago, Jack51 said:

Sorry about that. Didn't know the rules, won't happen again.

Jack, not really a rule but rather an unwritten convention on the 'net.

It does make more sense to have all the responses in one place, don't you think?

1 hour ago, Jack51 said:

So is the car worth the $15k I have in it?

As a lot of people here keep saying, there's really insufficient info for anyone to respond to this question, Jack.

Is there some problem that prevents you or someone from taking more pictures to post in this thread so we can give you informed opinions as to the car's value?

5 hours ago, Jack51 said:

So is the car worth the $15k I have in it?

Not trying to be all negative on you, but I personally wouldn't want to be that deep into it, at least with what information I have thus far.  A very decent '25 Roadster (a much more desirable body style) sold recently for about half that amount. Again, I'm not saying you don't have a nice car. If it's mechanically right you still have a great car that will give you a lot of fun. You may not be able to get what you've got in it out of it if you're looking to sell it, but if you bought it to enjoy then I wouldn't worry too much. These early four-cyl DBs are really good cars, they just don't seem to bring significant money.