Jack51

help on 1929 dodge brothers doctors coupe

need help is this a 1929 dodge brothers doctors coupe ? if so what is a rough value ? thank you

00a0a_k5rusn3TbhA_1200x900.jpg

00U0U_aMNX13RwI7A_600x450.jpg

00101_7G2vjcLYOvJ_600x450.jpg

00101_7G2vjcLYOvJ_1200x900.jpg

00303_jS2AOePVVSS_600x450.jpg

That is more like a 1925. Here is the 1929 DB coupe....also....they never called it a Doctor's coupe. It is the standard business coupe.

1929 DB coupe.jpg

• Like 2

Does it have the original style four cylinder engine?

It is supposed to be all original. One paint upgrade 12 years ago and seat was re-done.

It would help if you told us what kind of help you need.

I DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT IT IS LOL WHAT IS THE THING WORTH ANY IDEA ? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Definitely looks to be a '25 or early '26.  Also appears to be one of the "special" series with the plated radiator shell, bumpers, etc.  Nice car. These are really well built cars, but are only realistically 35 mph or so road cars. Without seeing more details (interior, engine bay, etc.) it's difficult to put a value to it. If everything is nice I would say you're looking at anywhere between $7,500 to a max of $10,000.

Need more photos and information. What does the interior look like? You say it was redone. What material? Are those windows tinted? Photos of the engine, interior, underside, trunk and other areas would help to determine it's value. Was there or is there any rust? 

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

Need more photos and information. What does the interior look like? You say it was redone. What material? Are those windows tinted? Photos of the engine, interior, underside, trunk and other areas would help to determine it's value. Was there or is there any rust? 

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

Hi, and thanks again for your help.

That is all the photos I have but will get more.What I have been told is that it's all original with one repaint and no rust. Seat might have been redone but looks original. It is part of a trade deal and I don't have a clue about anything this old and just trying to cover my money on the deal. I will get more pics and info and post them later or tomorrow.

Thank you again for your time and knowledge 

1 hour ago, Jack51 said:

the year it is a 1925 he was wrong when he told me 29 

Red flag #1

Someone who claims what he has claimed but yet is off by 4 years is very concerning..

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

The tinted windows don't help the value any. It makes you wonder what other liberties were taken in the restoration.

Don

The windows may have been tinted because they thought that was how it was, when they looked at their old glass. The plastic layer in the middle turned green over time and many don't know that.

Hang in here, Jack51. 'Round these parts, cars this old are kind of a specialty of the house.  By the time enough data and info is supplied and crunched, you will be confident in the price range to be determined. You came to the right place  and are in good hands. From what I see so far, I really like the little coupe. Looks like it could be very solid and tight.  -  Carl 

Plain plate glass in those cars no, tinting. I would also get rid of the trophy top on the radiator cap.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:05 AM, C Carl said:

Hang in here, Jack51. 'Round these parts, cars this old are kind of a specialty of the house.  By the time enough data and info is supplied and crunched, you will be confident in the price range to be determined. You came to the right place  and are in good hands. From what I see so far, I really like the little coupe. Looks like it could be very solid and tight.  -  Carl 

Hi Carl yes its a clean very tight auto. he was mistaken about the year at first but after checking the title he corrected it.the car belonged to his dad so he knows about as much about it as I do.I appreciate your help along with everyone else that has been very helpful Thank You all

What people are trying to tell you is that in old cars (like with so many collectibles) DETAILS MATER! 

Among old cars it is very common that one year is 'priceless' and the next year is 'worthless'. 

The word "original" has VERY SPECIFIC meanings (especially around here) and can significantly affect both price AND interest. 

Imagine if somebody posted a picture of a house asking for a valuation but could not correctly state where it was located? or that the description and picture did not match between one story and two story . . . ? But they still want to know what it was worth. . . 

Same as if somebody asked what some stock was worth without saying the name of the company or how many shares they had. 

You can get excellent help here BUT exact information is critical. 

The more information AND PICTURES the more accurate your answer. 

• Like 3

The look of that car strikes me odd. It looks lowered to me. I don’t know the DB models so I’m just stating the impression I get from the photos. The tires almost look too close to the fenders too but I’m probably wrong.

Had a look on the internet and it appears that’s the way they look. Possibly the grass is helping it look lower.

Jack51,

I'm pretty sure most here are wanting to be helpful, but as many have indicated without a good deal more info, it's going to be really hard to anything other than a stab in the dark in terms of value.

Jack51,

You posted the same thing in three different forums here and, by long-standing internet convention, that's kinda frowned upon; it's called 'cross-posting.'

I've merged all three threads together and have deleted the duplicate posts to clean up the merged thread, which is here in General Discussion.

Just wanted to let you and everyone else know what happened.

• Like 3