1966 VIP. What's it worth? Selling!

have a 1966 Plymouth Fury VIP. I I'm looking to sell. What do you think a fair asking price would be? If I agree you might just work a deal . 1966 Plymouth Fury VIP special order 383 big block HP 4 Barrel automatic. Bench seat . Column shift This classic Mopar is highly optioned with power windows power brakes air conditioning AC radio Factory dual exhaust.. new tires with less than a thousand miles on them. It is a 99 percent original from the air cleaner down to the hubcaps. Hubcaps and fender skirts are in the car. It does not have the original carburetor. The interior who need to be redone . But there's nothing stopping somebody from driving it just like it is except a little wrench time. It doesn't run at this moment. Ill Put a little work in the ignition system this weekend AKA wires plugs rotor Exe. No title. In Oklahoma that's not a big deal. $125 for a lost title AKA title 42. they just takes three to six months to show up

received_1932263140163612.jpeg

received_1932263196830273.jpeg

received_1932263113496948.jpeg

received_1932263010163625.jpeg

20190116_113912.jpg

20190116_114040.jpg

Edited by zr12662
More pictures (see edit history)

Looks to me like you have a couple of interesting field finds here.

Fun stuff, but it wont bring you enough to retire on.

Non running 66 Plymouth with no title ( 3 to 6 months maybe) sounds more like a parts investment than a potential restoration.

I bought a similar condition 65 Chrysler 300 coupe (383, 4bbl, power everything) with title for parts recently for a thousand.

Thank you for the reply. I think I would personally wait for a title to come in. I think the car is pretty cool and too nice to part out. If I didn't fall in love with the 63 Fairlane. That Plymouth would be my next project. Heck if I tried extra hard. I might even have it finished before the title came in. LOL

Someone's gonna want that VIP. The options AND the colors are sought after plus it's a two door hardtop! Can't go wrong if you restore to keep, but will be way out of line to try to make money on after restoring. There are a LOT of parts out there for that car.

• Like 1

1966 is the first year for the VIP.  It was Plymouth's answer to the newly introduced top-of-the-line Caprice and LTD models.  It should have a bit of significance there, and make it worth saving.  I've seen a number of 1966 four doors, but rarely any two door VIP's.

Craig

• Like 2

Nice car. Sorry I have nothing specific to offer on it's value, but it seems to me that old cars advertised online (with national exposure) without titles go for a fraction of what cars with a genuine title go for. If you're going to sell it locally/regionally on Craigslist...no big deal for Oklahoma buyers. Without a title, Nebraska buyers and some other nearby states will avoid that car like the plague. Glad you're waiting for the title. Good luck with the sale.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

There were 5,158 1966 Plymouth VIP two door hardtops built that year. Relatively low for production 1966. That total includes the Fury III two door hardtop numbers as well which would make them even fewer made.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, zr12662 said:

Thank you for the reply. I think I would personally wait for a title to come in. I think the car is pretty cool and too nice to part out. If I didn't fall in love with the 63 Fairlane. That Plymouth would be my next project. Heck if I tried extra hard. I might even have it finished before the title came in. LOL

1966 VIP. What's it worth? Selling!

Are you the buyer or seller?

With a title, runs & stops would be worth more $.

The Falcon - Ranchero also interesting

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 1939_Buick said:

The Falcon - Ranchero also interesting

Every time I see one of those Ranchero, Goldfinger comes to mind.  To this day, I cannot figure out how the rear of it never lowered even an inch when the Lincoln Continental, which was crushed into a 2' X 2' X 2' cube when deposited into the box!;)

Craig

• Like 1