Sign in to follow this  
franc944

Nice vert. Why didn’t it sell?

Posted (edited)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264113735692

Does anyone know this black Vert in CT?

Does anyone know why there was no bidders beside myself and one other?

Has Reatta supply exceeded demand recently?

I must admit I was one of the two bidders. 

If I didn’t already own two 1990 Reatta convertibles I would go pick this one up.  

I’m not saying it should have sold for $10,000 but it should have been bid up over $2,000!

Am I that biased because I like these cars?

Edited by franc944 (see edit history)

Looks like a nice car.  By setting the price in the ad at $15,000 he probably scared off potential bidders by making them think they would have to bid more than it's worth to meet the reserve.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Looks like a nice car.  By setting the price in the ad at $15,000 he probably scared off potential bidders by making them think they would have to bid more than it's worth to meet the reserve.

I  may be fascinated and perplexed because I might need to sell a Reatta convertible one day. 

I thought by now everyone knows people ask $12,000 to $15,000 for those cars and then take $6,000 , $7,000 or less 

Edited by franc944 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Several reasons for me.  Rust belt state, miles are a bit high, engine bay looks nasty, rebuilt title, rear of top where it meets the body looks jacked.  A good detail along with an explanation of  why it has a rebuilt title would help.

3 hours ago, franc944 said:

Does anyone know this black Vert in CT?

Does anyone know why there was no bidders beside myself and one other?

Just to be sure we are all on the same page, I believe this is the car in question. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Buick-Reatta-/264113735692?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Thought I had mine priced reasonably (under $6k at moment - clean title, needs nothing) but nada. Just no market.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Ah, eBay diverts you to another car anymore if you look at a finished listing. The Black and Tan does look very nice.  The Buy It Now probably made people think the seller had unreasonable expectations 

Edited by Y-JobFan (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Where does it say "rebuilt title"?

Also, if you think the engine bay is nasty, you need glasses.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

CT doesn’t issue titles for cars over 20 years old. So that may be the case for the title issue 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 63viking said:

Where does it say "rebuilt title"?

Also, if you think the engine bay is nasty, you need glasses.

5 minutes ago, Kevin M said:

CT doesn’t issue titles for cars over 20 years old. So that may be the case for the title issue 

The Black vert on eBay doesn't have a rebuilt title.

Screenshot_2019-01-09 1990 Black Reatta -- eBay.png

• Thanks 1

The red car that the ebay link diverted you to had the rebuilt title, the black car in the original posters post is fine

• Thanks 1

I was confused about which car we were discussing.  Thanks for the clarification Ronnie.

Now the Red one's engine bay does not reflect an enthusiast owned car.  I would be ashamed to open the hood at a car show on that one.

nasty.jpg

• Like 1

The black car looked good for the $15000 asking price was too high. Should have left it off and set the reserve at the number he wanted. From what I have seen, if your asking $15000 you best have under 40000 or under on the odometer. You have to anticipate repairs on a 80,000 mile car and for that money, well....good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1