1952 Buick 76R market value?

krinkov58

Looking online at past sales and some current cars offered, I'm kind of getting a sense that $50K is about the limit for one in perfect condition, with about $30K for one in my condition.  More for a convertible, a quite a bit less for a 72R, around maybe $20-30K tops for a perfect one.

Sound ballpark?

Thanks man, I wish I could keep her but it just isn't in the cards.  I haven't even really had the time to drive it much over the last 4 years I've had her, other than to random car shows and around town.  So it's pretty much in the condition I got it, with correct paint according to the data tag (I think this might be the only 76R from 1952 left with this paint combo) and mostly original interior.  All I did was replace the blown vibrator in the Sonomatic with a solid state one and hook up a RediRad, and install a NOS Dynalite I got off of eBay.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, krinkov58 said:

Looking online at past sales and some current cars offered, I'm kind of getting a sense that $50K is about the limit for one in perfect condition, with about $30K for one in my condition.  More for a convertible, a quite a bit less for a 72R, around maybe $20-30K tops for a perfect one.

Sound ballpark?

This is so hard to estimate.  Your location could play a big part in the final price.   I have observed that most people in my area like Mopars and are willing to pay just about anything for them.  Buicks, not so much.    In other areas Buicks pull a stronger value on the market.   So here is my suggestion:

Determine a price for which you could walk away from the car and not feel regret.  Then set that as your reserve on an e bay or consignment to an auction house. 

You may be higher than the market,  but I hear sometimes serious buyers will make a contact if the vehicle is not sold,  and then you can decide if you want to lower your expectations.  But if your reserve is lower than market, you're golden.   An auction may be the best way to move something like this fast, and keep you from 2nd guessing if you asked enough for the car.   Worst thing might be a fee to the auctioneer if you rejected a lower bid than your reserve.  Treat it like the cost of advertising the car. 

• Like 2