Historical info on chassis 2631046 1932 97series

CTCV

Is there anyone with information on original sales of 1932 Buicks. On the frame the tag reads 2631046. It is a model 97. 

1261094-2 is on the engine block.

Tony

8 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

What exactly is it that you are looking for or wanting to know?

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

I was wondering if there are records on where it was sold and who originally bought it.

The frame number tells us that it was purchased by Digby Dalton who was 45 years old brown hair who lived at 23 Wescott St he was Republican and Episcopalian

The engine number tells us that he traded in a 1917 Ford roadster with Cooper tires for it, the sky was cloudy but it wasn't raining

1 hour ago, Morgan Wright said:

The frame number tells us that it was purchased by Digby Dalton who was 45 years old brown hair who lived at 23 Wescott St he was Republican and Episcopalian

The engine number tells us that he traded in a 1917 Ford roadster with Cooper tires for it, the sky was cloudy but it wasn't raining

What you don't have his shoe size? 

• Haha 1

It is frustrating trying to get back round on our cars. If you had a Cadillac then many of those sales/production were kept. Buick kept many of those types of records also into the 1960s. Then Buick and other older car companies went though a major purge of old stuff.

If it did not translate into sales then it was destroyed.

I wasn't sure how cars were purchased back then. Since I assume 90 series were more expensive I thought they may not have been on every showroom floor. When I search for dealerships of the 30s I don't see much. I thought I did read that the Buick Registry has a list of all remaining 90 Buicks.

Mac Blair at one time kept a data base of 1932 Buicks reported to him.  He has restored more 32-90 series Buicks than  anyone else.  Also the 90 series cars are eligible for CCCA classification.  They may be able to provide some added info.

Bob Engle

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 7:57 AM, Robert Engle said:

Mac Blair at one time kept a data base of 1932 Buicks reported to him.  He has restored more 32-90 series Buicks than  anyone else.  Also the 90 series cars are eligible for CCCA classification.  They may be able to provide some added info.

Bob Engle

Thanks for the info Bob. I have been in touch with Mac but not over this matter. Not sure our Buick will qualify since it was converted to a tow truck in the late 30s. We have maintained all original construction possible but that is only chassis and drivetrain and everything forward of the back doors. I'm new to this prewar stuff.

35 minutes ago, CTCV said:

Thanks for the info Bob. I have been in touch with Mac but not over this matter. Not sure our Buick will qualify since it was converted to a tow truck in the late 30s. We have maintained all original construction possible but that is only chassis and drivetrain and everything forward of the back doors. I'm new to this prewar stuff.

If it's a 90 series, it qualifies. Also, I just learned the 80 series have been accepted.

12 minutes ago, West Peterson said:

If it's a 90 series, it qualifies. Also, I just learned the 80 series have been accepted.

Great news West. It is a model 97....at least it was. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 7:57 AM, Robert Engle said:

Bob Engle

How would I contact Mac Blair?