Sign in to follow this  
DFeeney

Vanderbilt Cup 1908 winner Old 16 information

Posted (edited)

Hello I am new to the Locomobile world. My next project is to build a Vanderbilt  Cup type  racer out of period parts.  I am using Old 16 as a  Standard.  Would someone be kind enough to tell me how wide the frame is on a 1907/08 Locomobile. I am guessing somewhere around 40".  Also how wide and tall is the Radiator shell. Are any front Axle parts for sale?  Thanks in advance  for your  help.  Don Feeney in central  Ohio.

Edited by DFeeney (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello Alan,  I was wondering about your age and location.  I do have some extra Studebaker disc wheels.  They take 33 x 5 tires and have a very large bolt pattern.   They have 6 lugs and about a 7" bolt circle.  Keep a eye out for me on a early chassis.  thanks,  Don Feeney

• Like 1

Good Morning Don,  Have you read through the chat located at the bottom of the Locomobile section?  There is a nice write up on Locomobile 16 and also some information about a surviving Locomobile that is the same Model as what I am currently restoring.  I will send you another PM.  Are you in the path of the huge snow storm heading for the east coast?

Al

Hello Don, Have you tied down a suitable chassis from which to build your version of the Locomobile 16 race car?

Al