Is this a Buick parking light lens? Or another make?

Pete Phillips

1 hour ago, Glassesguy said:

Looks like a 39, Pete.

Agreed.

And if you don't want them are interested.

My plastic reproduction are 2" overall 1¾" dia

1937 & 1938 lens are different

Edit

Bob's sell repro 1937 & 1939 part PL378. Have a very pointed shape

https://bobsautomobilia.com/fender-lamps-pads-and-items/page-3/

Edited by 1939_Buick
Added Bob's link (see edit history)

Hello Pete et al,

This lens appears to be correct for 1937 / 1938 Buicks.  The size of the lens, cork gasket and bayonet slots for mounting the lens are appropriate for these years.  There are a few articles about these in the various old Torque Tube magazines (available at http://1937and1938buicks.com/) ;  The consensus of these articles is that there are two shape variations, one more pointed than the other.  The lens with the more prominent point may be later production units, or from a different supplier.  The lens from your images show the "more round" version of the lens.

• Like 1

Pete I do not think those are 1937 or 1938 fender light lenses. Early 1937 lenses were shorter and  had a blunter end. From my experience they were also clear at the very tip  The lens in the picture on the right was from an early 1937 Buick that I parted out years ago.  Later 1937 and 1938 lenses were the same. I've attached 2 pictures with an early and a late lens side by side. I've also attached a picture showing late 1937 and 1938 had the same lens. The last picture shows what frame numbers the change took place.

Carl

P1070101.JPG

P1070102.JPG

P1070103.JPG

P1070104.JPG

Edited by 1937-44 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Lens on the right was taken of of an early 1937 Special I parted out years ago. It had been sitting since supposedly the 60's.  I've seen very few of the 1st style fender lenses. I doubt BCA judges would catch the late lens on an early car and might even take points off an early car for having the early style lens.

4 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

Will see if "1939_Buick" wants it first--he spoke first.

Thanks for the help.

Pete

Yes. Claimed as PM's.  Will pick up in OK City at the BCA meet