Internally regulated alternators ?

68RIVGS

Does anyone here know what year and exactly when Buick switched over to internally regulated alternators ?

A fellow member has asked, as he has a '69 in his shop that has no external alternator regulator and the original factory

wiring harness shows no signs of being modified.

. . . thanks in advance !

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:33 PM, crowvet said:

You can jump terminals 1 and 4  and 2 and 3 at the regulator and run a internally regulated alternator.

. . . thanks crowvet, but I just wanted t know what year GM started using internally regulated alternators in Riviera.

I have already modified my '68 as you suggested with a plug 'n play adapter !

4 hours ago, 68RIVGS said:

. . . thanks crowvet, but I just wanted t know what year GM started using internally regulated alternators in Riviera.

I have already modified my '68 as you suggested with a plug 'n play adapter !

Gotcha, I just mentioned because if done tastefully, you may not notice the alteration in the wire harness. As far as what year it was, I am of no help at all :)

20 hours ago, crowvet said:

Gotcha, I just mentioned because if done tastefully, you may not notice the alteration in the wire harness. As far as what year it was, I am of no help at all :)

. . .simple  plug 'n play with an inexpensive adapter ! No cutting, splicing, or messing around - doesn't get much easier Daryle !

• Like 1