Odd Ford Flathead fuelpump, can you identify manufacturer

RandyMlr

Has anyone seen a flathead ford mechanical fuel pump without the 9361 plate, screws and 9367 dual gasket?  My fuel pump has the two valves pressed in, not secured with the plate.  There are no holes to screw the two bolts in.  The valves are very secure and won't come out.  I am rebuilding the pump and want to service every part possible.  Is this a common design?  I have not been able to find this pump design online.  I am not sure if the standard rebuild kits available are compatible with my fuel pump.  The main reason I am rebuilding is because my oil is getting gas contamination.

The valve on the left has been slightly damage by my pliers attempting to remove it.

Any incite will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

DavidAU

I agree with you.  I have clear gas lines and I always have bubbles in them with very weak fuel pressure.  I wanted to keep the pump because it appears to be an original ford pump on the outside but the inside is aftermarket an maybe not an adequate functioning pump for my motor.  New pumps are cheep. but I am the type of person that likes to fix rather than replace.   Anyone have an suggestions for flathead fuel pump  manufacturers?

Drive fast and take chances!

100_7696.JPG

Flathead_Engine_fuelpump1947to48[1] - Copy.jpg

Edited by RandyMlr
spelling (see edit history)

If it has pressed in valves in the factory, one would have to think the manufacturer (not Ford) considered it a disposable item and when the valves failed you throw it away and get another one.  

All the Ford pumps I have seen have the screws and plate in them.