sebastienbuick

New 2019 Peugeot 504

Hello everyone, I do not know if you've already seen, but here in France for 2 weeks there is this ad he regularly on TV.
This is the new Peugeot 504

I remember we had a Peugeot dealer in Lancaster PA in the 1970s, not sure when it closed up shop.  Certainly not a common car in the US.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:40 PM, MochetVelo said:

A concept car? Definitely not the 504 I think of!

I do not know if it's a concept, but this ad runs every day on TV and in the pub they say it's for 2019.
Peugeot 504 has worked very well in France (and Europe too) and they wanted to make a new 504 to pay tribute.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:35 AM, TerryB said:

I remember we had a Peugeot dealer in Lancaster PA in the 1970s, not sure when it closed up shop.  Certainly not a common car in the US.

Indeed I do not think there is a lot of Peugeot 504 in America.
The 504 was made in 4 doors, 2 doors and 2 cabriolet doors with a 4 cylinder engine up to a V6 engine.
It was a beautiful car ;) 

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:12 AM, Dave Fields said:

Peugeot makes some very nicely styled cars. Kinda wish they were on our roads.

It is true that peugeot makes beautiful car, peugeot makes sports cars such as peugeot 206 RC, peugeot 208 GTi, peugeot 308 GTi ... and they also make sedans or SUV high ranges like for example the peugeot 3008, 5008, 308 station wagon, 608 ...
Citroen also makes good car and their new series "DS" are really good (DS3, DS3 Racing , DS4, DS5, ...)
Renault also make good cars as well as sports cars (renault clio GT, clio RS, Twingo Gordini RS , megane GT, megane RS , ...) as well as large minivan like the "velsatis V6"

here is for example some  Pub  Peugeot I saw on TV this year

And Peugeot 308 GTi

And Peugeot 208 GTi

Nope- doesn't look like any of the 04 series Peugeots my uncle used to work on! He always said the secret to successfully repairing a French car was to learn to swear at it in French! though I think he did more of that working on Renaults than Peugeots.

Anyone know when Peugeot quit exporting their cars to the US? Guess it was simpler for them to stick with their home market than to fuss with all the US safety and emission fol-de-rol and ruin performance and styling.

3 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Nope- doesn't look like any of the 04 series Peugeots my uncle used to work on! He always said the secret to successfully repairing a French car was to learn to swear at it in French! though I think he did more of that working on Renaults than Peugeots.

Anyone know when Peugeot quit exporting their cars to the US? Guess it was simpler for them to stick with their home market than to fuss with all the US safety and emission fol-de-rol and ruin performance and styling.

I find it a shame that there is more French car export in America, we have a very good model and it's a shame that you do not know them.
I remember seeing a video in America where someone had a garage full of abandoned cars, and there was a Peugeot 205 GTi, the first 205 GTi came out in 1984, so the export market still had to exist a this date .

4 hours ago, mike6024 said:

I do already own a Peugeot.

Peugeot.jpg

Lol, yes it's true Peugeot made cars, bicycles and also made pepper mill (for food) ;) 

12 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

Lol, yes it's true Peugeot made cars, bicycles and also made pepper mill (for food) ;) 

Wow, I have a set of S & P shaker and grinder that are VERY VERY close to this.

I use them daily so maybe not quits as fresh as the one shown.

Maybe I should clean them up.

I had no idea that I have been the proud owner of these two Peugeots for at least 30 years.

I wonder where I got them.

2018-12-12 new house 003.JPG

• Like 1

Yes it is Peugeot product are of good quality and cost more expensive than a standard product ;) 

here is an PUB  of the new Peugeot RCZ R

22 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

I find it a shame that there is more French car export in America, we have a very good model and it's a shame that you do not know them.
I remember seeing a video in America where someone had a garage full of abandoned cars, and there was a Peugeot 205 GTi, the first 205 GTi came out in 1984, so the export market still had to exist a this date .

1991 was the last year Peugeot offered a car in North America, a year after Chrysler terminated the distribution agreement.  In Canada, the new-for-the-time 405 was briefly handled by Autolion Distributors in Quebec, which replaced the long running 505 sedan and wagon in North America.

Currently, PSA is working on a comeback to North America: https://www.motor1.com/news/253046/peugeot-planning-facility-united-states/

Craig

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 8E45E said:

1991 was the last year Peugeot offered a car in North America, a year after Chrysler terminated the distribution agreement.  In Canada, the new-for-the-time 405 was briefly handled by Autolion Distributors in Quebec, which replaced the long running 505 sedan and wagon in North America.

Currently, PSA is working on a comeback to North America: https://www.motor1.com/news/253046/peugeot-planning-facility-united-states/

Craig 

I did not know at all, thanks for this information! ;) 
So there may be a return of French cars in America :) 

Peugeot’s main focus is that the brand meets the EU’s average CO2 emissions target of 95g/km from 2020 so that it won’t incur any penalties. “We won’t pay one Euro, Pound, Dollar or RMB as we will be compliant,” said Imperato.

However, cars like the e-Legend and any future GTI models will have to wait until after 2020, with Imperato telling us, “We must be fully compliant on the CO2 side before we start to develop any of these models. 

-------------

Toyota Camry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DomingoSpear said:

Peugeot’s main focus is that the brand meets the EU’s average CO2 emissions target of 95g/km from 2020 so that it won’t incur any penalties. “We won’t pay one Euro, Pound, Dollar or RMB as we will be compliant,” said Imperato.

However, cars like the e-Legend and any future GTI models will have to wait until after 2020, with Imperato telling us, “We must be fully compliant on the CO2 side before we start to develop any of these models

-------------

Toyota Camry

Yes it is true that more and more there are laws on polution and we are obliged to do what they tell us.
It's sad because we can not drive in 2019 with a diesel from 1990 to 2005 :( , otherwise we take a fine  :( 

in the late 80's, i was a sales manager at a peugeot dealer in philly..never had very much to do, even though that was in the middle of a diesel craze, and they made a pretty good one. left that job due to boredom, and started wholesaling cars. not that they were dumping cars to save a spot on the U.S. market, but i bought 6 new ones, shipped them to egypt, and still made a good profit on them after shipping costs.

They were (and probably still are) popular as taxis in Egypt.

Craig

Craig, did you know the Peugeot 404 was assembled in Canada?  The plant was at St Bruno de Montarville outside Montreal.

Terry

16 hours ago, 8E45E said:

They were (and probably still are) popular as taxis in Egypt.

Craig

Yes it is true that we see a lot of taxi like that in Egypt ;) 

16 hours ago, dictator27 said:

Craig, did you know the Peugeot 404 was assembled in Canada?  The plant was at St Bruno de Montarville outside Montreal.

Terry

I did not know it, thanks for the information ;) 

17 hours ago, dictator27 said:

Terry

Yes, I did, along with Renaults at the time. 

Craig

• Like 1