New 2019 Peugeot 504

sebastienbuick

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:40 PM, MochetVelo said:

A concept car? Definitely not the 504 I think of!

I do not know if it's a concept, but this ad runs every day on TV and in the pub they say it's for 2019.
Peugeot 504 has worked very well in France (and Europe too) and they wanted to make a new 504 to pay tribute.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:35 AM, TerryB said:

I remember we had a Peugeot dealer in Lancaster PA in the 1970s, not sure when it closed up shop.  Certainly not a common car in the US.

Indeed I do not think there is a lot of Peugeot 504 in America.
The 504 was made in 4 doors, 2 doors and 2 cabriolet doors with a 4 cylinder engine up to a V6 engine.
It was a beautiful car ;) 

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:12 AM, Dave Fields said:

Peugeot makes some very nicely styled cars. Kinda wish they were on our roads.

It is true that peugeot makes beautiful car, peugeot makes sports cars such as peugeot 206 RC, peugeot 208 GTi, peugeot 308 GTi ... and they also make sedans or SUV high ranges like for example the peugeot 3008, 5008, 308 station wagon, 608 ...
Citroen also makes good car and their new series "DS" are really good (DS3, DS3 Racing , DS4, DS5, ...)
Renault also make good cars as well as sports cars (renault clio GT, clio RS, Twingo Gordini RS , megane GT, megane RS , ...) as well as large minivan like the "velsatis V6"

That's the e-Legend concept car that was unveiled at the Paris auto show last fall. Yes, it's all electric.  The original Pininfarina coupe that the concept is based on is on the right.

https://autoweek.com/article/paris-motor-show/peugeot-e-legend-concept-pays-homage-classic-pininfarina-coupe

pug-4.jpg

• Like 1

Nope- doesn't look like any of the 04 series Peugeots my uncle used to work on! He always said the secret to successfully repairing a French car was to learn to swear at it in French! though I think he did more of that working on Renaults than Peugeots.

Anyone know when Peugeot quit exporting their cars to the US? Guess it was simpler for them to stick with their home market than to fuss with all the US safety and emission fol-de-rol and ruin performance and styling.

3 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Nope- doesn't look like any of the 04 series Peugeots my uncle used to work on! He always said the secret to successfully repairing a French car was to learn to swear at it in French! though I think he did more of that working on Renaults than Peugeots.

Anyone know when Peugeot quit exporting their cars to the US? Guess it was simpler for them to stick with their home market than to fuss with all the US safety and emission fol-de-rol and ruin performance and styling.

I find it a shame that there is more French car export in America, we have a very good model and it's a shame that you do not know them.
I remember seeing a video in America where someone had a garage full of abandoned cars, and there was a Peugeot 205 GTi, the first 205 GTi came out in 1984, so the export market still had to exist a this date .

12 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

Lol, yes it's true Peugeot made cars, bicycles and also made pepper mill (for food) ;) 

Wow, I have a set of S & P shaker and grinder that are VERY VERY close to this.

I use them daily so maybe not quits as fresh as the one shown.

Maybe I should clean them up.

I had no idea that I have been the proud owner of these two Peugeots for at least 30 years.

I wonder where I got them.

2018-12-12 new house 003.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

I find it a shame that there is more French car export in America, we have a very good model and it's a shame that you do not know them.
I remember seeing a video in America where someone had a garage full of abandoned cars, and there was a Peugeot 205 GTi, the first 205 GTi came out in 1984, so the export market still had to exist a this date .

1991 was the last year Peugeot offered a car in North America, a year after Chrysler terminated the distribution agreement.  In Canada, the new-for-the-time 405 was briefly handled by Autolion Distributors in Quebec, which replaced the long running 505 sedan and wagon in North America.

Currently, PSA is working on a comeback to North America: https://www.motor1.com/news/253046/peugeot-planning-facility-united-states/

Craig

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 8E45E said:

1991 was the last year Peugeot offered a car in North America, a year after Chrysler terminated the distribution agreement.  In Canada, the new-for-the-time 405 was briefly handled by Autolion Distributors in Quebec, which replaced the long running 505 sedan and wagon in North America.

Currently, PSA is working on a comeback to North America: https://www.motor1.com/news/253046/peugeot-planning-facility-united-states/

Craig 

I did not know at all, thanks for this information! ;) 
So there may be a return of French cars in America :) 

Peugeot’s main focus is that the brand meets the EU’s average CO2 emissions target of 95g/km from 2020 so that it won’t incur any penalties. “We won’t pay one Euro, Pound, Dollar or RMB as we will be compliant,” said Imperato.

However, cars like the e-Legend and any future GTI models will have to wait until after 2020, with Imperato telling us, “We must be fully compliant on the CO2 side before we start to develop any of these models. 

-------------

Toyota Camry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DomingoSpear said:

Peugeot’s main focus is that the brand meets the EU’s average CO2 emissions target of 95g/km from 2020 so that it won’t incur any penalties. “We won’t pay one Euro, Pound, Dollar or RMB as we will be compliant,” said Imperato.

However, cars like the e-Legend and any future GTI models will have to wait until after 2020, with Imperato telling us, “We must be fully compliant on the CO2 side before we start to develop any of these models

-------------

Toyota Camry

Yes it is true that more and more there are laws on polution and we are obliged to do what they tell us.
It's sad because we can not drive in 2019 with a diesel from 1990 to 2005 :( , otherwise we take a fine  :( 

in the late 80's, i was a sales manager at a peugeot dealer in philly..never had very much to do, even though that was in the middle of a diesel craze, and they made a pretty good one. left that job due to boredom, and started wholesaling cars. not that they were dumping cars to save a spot on the U.S. market, but i bought 6 new ones, shipped them to egypt, and still made a good profit on them after shipping costs.

16 hours ago, 8E45E said:

They were (and probably still are) popular as taxis in Egypt.

Craig

Yes it is true that we see a lot of taxi like that in Egypt ;) 

16 hours ago, dictator27 said:

Craig, did you know the Peugeot 404 was assembled in Canada?  The plant was at St Bruno de Montarville outside Montreal.

Terry

I did not know it, thanks for the information ;) 

I enjoyed my 403 very much back in the early 60s. Never knew about the pepper mills until right now. About the time of my Peugeot ownership, there was a Dominican playboy who drove for Ferrari. Luck ran out for him in Paris when he ran his 250 into one of the trees in The Boise' (that was in the mid '60s when Porfi' was in his mid '50s - I think at this point in my life, I would trade all my tomorrows for just one of his single yesterdays). Anyway, this fortunate fellow's first marriage was to the daughter of "Old Goat" Trujillo, the vicious dictator of the D.R. Marriage did not last long, and Porfiro Rubirosa "pole vaulted" his way up the social ladder. I seem to remember names like Hutton, Gabor, Duke, Monroe,.................... some of whom he married (large dowry against no guarantees), others were mutually beneficial treasured toys. 

About that time the larger of the Parisian pepper mills were referred to as  "Rubirosas", terminology now largely forgotten. Oui  Sébastien ? Non ? Speaking of lost "classics", where is the "treed" 250 Spyder now ?    -   CC 

Edited by C Carl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, C Carl said:

I enjoyed my 403 very much back in the early 60s. Never knew about the pepper mills until right now. About the time of my Peugeot ownership, there was a Dominican playboy who drove for Ferrari. Luck ran out for him in Paris when he ran his 250 into one of the trees in The Boise' (that was in the mid '60s when Porfi' was in his mid '50s - I think at this point in my life, I would trade all my tomorrows for just one of his single yesterdays). Anyway, this fortunate fellow's first marriage was to the daughter of "Old Goat" Trujillo, the vicious dictator of the D.R. Marriage did not last long, and Porfiro Rubirosa "pole vaulted" his way up the social ladder. I seem to remember names like Hutton, Gabor, Duke, Monroe,.................... some of whom he married (large dowry against no guarantees), others treasured toys. 

About that time the larger of the Parisian pepper mills were referred to as  "Rubirosas", terminology now largely forgotten. Oui  Sébastien ? Non ? Speaking of lost "classics", where is the "treed" 250 GT now ?    -   CC  

You want to talk about this accident ?

694713495_Porfirio_rubirosa_carcrash1.thumb.jpg.49cdfa74cad5a762af0063d9c26ad7da.jpg

Indeed Porfiro Rubirosa had made pepper mill ( Rubirosa ) but they are not very known, the oldest pepper mill that we know are the Peugeot brand .
I do not know where the other 250 GT go, surely they are in museums, or buy by rich people