1925 Cadillac .. Kinda Weird .. Need some info

DE SOTO

On 1/5/2019 at 2:36 PM, MCHinson said:

............if you want to help them sell the car, it is vitally important to take good quality photos that show the car and all parts that have been removed from the car but which are included in the sale. The current photos just are not sufficient to attract the best offer or even give a fair representation of the car's condition.

We are at a point here where we ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CAR. There is a possibility that the existing interior can and actually SHOULD be used as is and preserved. Looking across the front seat, even the drivers side MAY still be totally intact  !! Well then, IS IT ? AND WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE INTERIOR ? All hardware seems to be present WHERE YOU CAN KINDA' SEE IT. What about the structural wood ? What about the wood spokes ? AND HOW WELL DID IT RUN ; HOW RECENTLY ?

DE SOTO has been here on AACA forums for a good long time. From reading his postings, I see that he is experienced, and a strong and able gentleman. A true credit to our wonderful group, he is giving of his valuable time to find a purpose for this Rip Van Winkle soon to be a centenarian. Project, or donor to the V63 gene pool, hopefully the former. DE SOTO is about the age - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DE SOTO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!  - a child of mine would have been if Trudi had had her way with (sorry - I was just interrupted by some guy who needed my credit card number in order to lower my interest rate -  I'm back now) me over 1/2 century ago. Someone his age, or, better yet, the age of a child of his if he started a family at the same age as my dear still great close friend Trudi did. I have a hunch that somewhere in the span of that age bracket, lurks a would-be delighted, ambitious candidate to hone his skills on this. These are unusually well made, well designed cars. The V8 engine really came into its own with the V63. The world's first inherently balanced V8. It is also a beefed up iteration of the Leland V8 after having had 10 years of production and evolution. I believe over 160,000 V8 Cads had been built before this milestone car got the fork and blade V8 dead nuts right. The huge brakes even have an effective primitive mechanical ABS system in which the outside front brake will not actuate if the brakes are applied in a turn ! Let's see : did I mention that I love V63 Cadillacs? 

With the active Southern California AACA, and contributions from us here, I would hope a really able, worthy next owner is within reach. BUT WE ARE DEAD IN THE WATER until DE SOTO has some spare time after his special day today.  Eagerly waiting,   -  Cadillac Carl 

P.S. Your big 7 passenger limo is DEFINITELY a 1926, by the built-in the fenders battery and tool boxes. Please give me a call regarding the car.  Thanks,  -  CC. 206-790-6912 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2019 at 11:24 AM, John_Mereness said:

cadillac_v-63.jpg.9d211c65bb85b967346b07a84076d7ac.jpg

Thanks, John, for the photo of what once was. I do not have any Cadillac sales brochures, but I don't think this is a plain 5-Pass. Sedan. With the canted oval windows and landau bars, it would have been "The New 5-Passenger Landau for $3835" they were advertising when it came out. It might be possible to clean it up and offer it at the new price some day[down or up from there depending on condition/mechanicals/wood]. They did have very good engines.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...