Wade Lanning

What kind and year is his car?

Can anyone tell me what kind of car this is and what year?  The Hopewell, VA emblem on the radiator grille is a town in Virginia.  The woman is my grandmother's twin sister.  They are not Bonnie & Clyde although it sort of looks like it.

Noah & Mae Rigney with car.jpg

Car is a Pontiac, year perhaps 1926 -27?

Series 6-27 Pontiac's were built in 1927 and 1927.  The 1926 ones have a stepped fender so this one must be a 1927.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wade Lanning said:

Is that a Pontiac logo on the radiator shell?

Yep. Here is the hood ornament.

Pontiac_1926_Chief-Hood-Ornament-Patent.jpg

You guys are wrong - not a Pontiac.  Obviously a Hopewell - says so on the radiator!  🤣

• Haha 1

Yes, it is. This is a 1926 Pontiac grille.

pont2.jpg

This is our one. Whether it had stepped or plain fenders back in the day we don't know but the block casting date is September 1926.

IMG_8213 (800x600).jpg

• Like 1

It's a touring car if it has a full back seat.  If it only seats two people inside, and possibly two more in an external rumble seat, it's a roadster.

I wood say roadster by the top stay under the mans elbow and how big the rear window looks , if tourer you wood see the curve of body to rear seat and the window would be much smaller .

Posted (edited)

It is clearly an open car.  The first open car for Pontiac was with the New Series 6-27 which were sold from July 1927 to the end of the year.  They made only one open car at this time, a roadster.  The body was not Fisher body but one made by Stewart.  In my humble opinion they were some of the most beautiful roadsters made.  Now if it is phaeton it would have to be a Series 6-28 which was produced the first half of 1928.  However, if the hood ornament is correct then it would be New 6-27 Stewart Body Roadster produced sometime in the second half of 1927.

Tinindian.... correct?

Edited by 32Pontiac6 (see edit history)
  • Like 1