What is the antique?

nzcarnerd

1913-14 Lozier looks right to me. Here's a shot of a 1914 Lozier Bonham's had for sale recently.

Headlamps and sidelamps look right. Radiator, emblem, chassis below rad, frame horns, filler neck, front axle curve all look right.

lozier.jpg

The kicker is the little loop connecting the top of the side lamp bracket back to the windshield frame. Looks like exactly what is visible in your pic, at least to me. And I can't recall ever seeing this detail before.

loop.jpg

The variance in the fenders seems real common among pics of Loziers of this era: some beaded, some flat, some stick straight ahead and don't curve down in front. Maybe these vary by body style, I dunno.

Yes, the photo is of a 1913 Lozier Fairmont touring. I am very familiar with this car as I am the current owner of it! 

I am certain this photo was taken in or around Virginia City, Montana. At the time this photo was taken it was owned by Charles Bovey. At one time he was a state senator and he and his wife were responsible for developing the tourist city known as Virginia City. This Lozier was found on a farm they purchased in White Sulphur Springs and was a part of their antique automobile collection they also had in Virginia City.

I am attaching a photo of our Lozier where it was displayed at a Concours at the Lemay Collection in Tacoma, WA. I live in a suburb of Seattle. I have owned this Lozier since 2000. It is the only 1913 Model 77 left. It is original except it was repainted many years ago. 

The 1913 had "flat fenders" while the 1914s had "crowned" fenders.

Lemay Concours de Elelgance 09.13.2015 018.JPG

• Like 3