RICHELIEUMOTORCAR

1912 and 1913 Buicks for sale. Touring and a runabout.

Hi guys. 1912 Buick touring and 1913 Buick 2 passenger runabout roadster are available. Both cars are now accessible. I believe the 12 touring is a model 35 3 door. Both cars are unrestored originals in poor condition, however, pretty much complete and in dry storage for 70+ years. Might be the only unrestored examples left. I have the old titles for both cars. Asking a fair 20k for both cars as a package deal. If anyone here is interested before I put them up for sale on Ebay, just let me know. No hurry to move them. Lets save these two old gals. Thank you.

53 minutes ago, Castricum said:

Hello , please publish the link to your Ebay listing , 

Hi there. I did not post the cars on Ebay yet. I always list on our AACA forum first. I will post photos soon. I had to clear alot of stuff away from the cars first.

Thank you for posting here first!  I toured as a kid with a four cylinder 1914 Buick keeping pace with our six cylinder seven passenger touring of a differt make (valve in block).  They are a great car (I have one now).  You might consider posting to the HCCA website as well.  ...good thing you are all the way across the country, I’ve been very interested in watching what has been coming out of your storage and I’ve no place to put anything!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Frank Wilkie said:

Not There on Ebay.. I looked under all categories. 

Because he's stated, twice, that he hasn't posted on Ebay yet, and put here first.

Early Buicks are great cars, either one would be worthy of a restoration.  Would like to see some pictures to see condition....

• Like 2

Please send me photos.  I sent an email message.  

Rick Cicciarelli

rpc9@cornell.edu

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

No photos; no location, very little description--good luck with your sale (you'll need it).

Gee, some of you guys have to give me a chance to get the photos up. Pete Phillips, how often do all original unrestored 100 plus year old cars come up for sale?  I don't think I will need luck to find happy buyers for the cars. Give a guy a chance. I have to work everyday too so I am not on the site checking for replies as often as I would like. As I said, the cars have been buried in storage for over 70 years and are rough. Many of you know my situation here so you already know that nothing happens overnight here. My track record shows that I always post photos to prove what I have to offer my fellow car friends. It's not easy getting the cars accessible for photos as mountains of parts and other stuff have been piled on the cars over the years. I cleared a path to the two Buicks so both cars could be pulled out of the building and be ready for pickup by springtime. 🙂 

Edited by RICHELIEUMOTORCAR (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Absolutely right on the comparative rarity of unrestored ,popular brass era cars surfacing. All Buicks from this era are decent cars however there is quite a bit of difference in desirability and value depending on the model.  I think the general request for some photos is to be expected, your pair of Buicks has generated significant interest from Brass Era fans and curiosity about the cars themselves is only natural. Next time you might want to hold off on announcing what will be your next offering until you have a chance to do some digging out and preliminary photos.  It would save both yourself and forum members stress. We know you have some long sleeping gems that you are parting with, teaser announcements are unnecessary.

Greg in Canada

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Here are a few photos to start the ball rolling. The cars can and should be saved and I even have the old titles for them. I may have extra good rocker panels and fenders in the attic. I must have received over 20 PMs in the last day or so. Hopefully, some will be more than just curious to see the photos which even then, I understand fully as it's not often to see photos like this. Thanks guys.

IMG_4910.JPG

IMG_5206.JPG

IMG_5212.JPG

Edited by RICHELIEUMOTORCAR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks! They do look completely savable. Is a shot of the rear of the runabout possible ?

Greg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mike6024 said:

Very interesting to see what 70 years of indoor storage looks like. Not unlike opening King Tut's tomb.

Yes, may be more like 80 years when I think about it. They stayed dry for the most part but moisture got to this area through windows in the building that fell apart over time. Time takes it's toll. I will post a few more photos.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Rick C said:

I am not sure that either are 1912.  

I know my cars. The touring is a 12 and the runabout is a 13 plus I still have the titles. Do you think they are older because they are not newer.

4 hours ago, RICHELIEUMOTORCAR said:

I know my cars. The touring is a 12 and the runabout is a 13 plus I still have the titles. Do you think they are older because they are not newer.

Always a great add,wish we had room and more time.Great car's coming out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mercer09 said:

Dave,

he has hundreds............... is that what you intended?

Possibly depending on what and where they are.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:20 PM, Dave Fields said:

Would you be interested in selling all cars as a package?

Thank you for the generous offer. However, that would be 1000% impossible even with an Army of workers and a Helicopter to lift them out. It took over 80 years to get them in so they are not coming out overnight. It is happening but at a slow pace. I have to work one area at a time, then as more space is made, I can work on another area. Besides, not all of the cars are for sale. A number of them I am keeping for myself and my sons.

• Like 2

Any idea what model the touring car is? Buick made more than one model in that body style in '12.

Thanks.

Keith

Nutty,

most likely a 29 or 35

very hard to tell wo the body photo.

I have a 12 model 29-great cars that are under appreciated.

Some may know you and where you are located, but many others still want to know where these cars are located.

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1