johnworden1

37 cab interior color

Check with Vic Panza. It a light gray color and he may know what number .

John

I have a spare wiper access cover that is painted that would be good for a color match. If you need my steering wheel puller, I could send it along.

LMK

BTW, mixed up messages about the steering wheel puller. If you want to use my wiper cover for a color match, LMK and I will mail it over.

Thx

The back of your interior trim pieces that hold in place the headliners and rear interior cab covers have the paint on the back side of them since they dipped the entire trim piece when they painted them. 

Simply take one of those to a good paint shop and they can scan it in a color analyzer...GLWT

5 hours ago, vicpanza said:

John

I have a spare wiper access cover that is painted that would be good for a color match. If you need my steering wheel puller, I could send it along.

LMK

Is the cover factory paint or one you painted?   If factory paint I sure would like to borrow it.   John

3 hours ago, Surf City '38 said:

The back of your interior trim pieces that hold in place the headliners and rear interior cab covers have the paint on the back side of them since they dipped the entire trim piece when they painted them. 

Simply take one of those to a good paint shop and they can scan it in a color analyzer...GLWT

The interior parts are too rough to match. Those color analyzers pick the closest existing formula. Results vary. I prefer to locate a close color and tint myself. Thanks you anyway.

John

The wiper panel has been painted. We did use the original for color match. LMK in you are interested.

Vic,     

More questions........    Do you have any parts with good original factory color?   Do you think 38 Plymouth truck interior would be the same?   Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. Can you provide the paint info and manufacturer name on the paint can  label?  I want to research the matter further.        John

I don't believe I have any parts with original paint. I will ask my body guy about the brand paint. But, he did custom formulate it. Don't know about Plymouth, colors.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, johnworden1 said:

PDN ?

Closest Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Mitsubishi modern-day paint code for shades of grey. Your painter will know what it means.

image.thumb.png.b57a8b8ed388ecd1915520f4b695f4e4.png

Edited by Surf City '38 (see edit history)