Sign in to follow this  
capngrog

Upcoming AACA Winter National Meet

I live in Paisley, Florida, not far from the site of the upcoming AACA Winter Meet, and I plan to attend the show on Saturday.  I'm a member, but I don't own any show cars, and was wondering if the show was open to members not showing a car and/or to non-member gearhead public.

Cheers,

Grog

Grog......there is another thread about the meet under thr Meets & Tours header. I’ll be there showing a car for thr first time. I expect it will be a great weekend. You can attend without a car no worries. I attended AACA meets since 1971, and only joined a few years ago.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As long as you are a member, you can request the registration info and sign up for any pre-show social activities, tours, dinners, even the Saturday awards banquet, all without showing a car.  There is often a lot more to an event than just the car show itself.

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, capngrog said:

I live in Paisley, Florida, not far from the site of the upcoming AACA Winter Meet, and I plan to attend the show on Saturday.  I'm a member, but I don't own any show cars, and was wondering if the show was open to members not showing a car and/or to non-member gearhead public.

Cheers,

Grog

Grog,

Also, your car doesn't have to be a "show car" in order to display. You can either show it in the regular judged class but check "Do not Judge," (that's what I prefer) or if it's original you can show it in the HPOF (Historical Preservation of Origiinal Features), or, if it's a good driver, you can show it in the DPC class (Driver Participation Class).

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your replies.   I plan to be there and will bring some of my local gear head friends. 

Cheers,

Grog

If you are an AACA member you can log in on the AACA.ORG home page and register and pay on line,

17 hours ago, ted sweet said:

never seen online payment for shows

You're correct.  Only Judges Registration can be paid online.  For the show registration you have to print the form and mail a check.