AFB manifold on 322 truck engines?

Beemon

Am I crazy? Does anyone have a 322 truck motor? 

The 4GC on that motor seems to have a late bolt pattern. On the 56 4GC the studs come up below the float bowls, on this engine they are outside the float bowls. The raised tapped boss for the red engine is also on the edge of #5 runner, next to the heat track versus the 56 manifold I have indicated by my finger. 

Screenshot_20190102-123802_Facebook.jpg

20190102_122533.jpg

FB_IMG_1546462365425.jpg

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Here’s a cutaway of a “torque master”

F0F46CA4-7977-477A-A9CB-91594072A6BA.jpeg

The Chevy version of the 322 was called "Loadmaster".

The 4gc  and wcfb carbs used in chevys were a wide base vs the narrow base of the Buck  version, so maybe they carried that over to the 322 when used in trucks(?).

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

The spacing on that manifold looks more like the spacing for the Carter WCFB.  That is the four barrel from Carter that was used on the 322.  Only when the cubic inches went to 364 was the AFB incorporated.

Actually it was found out yesterday that it is in fact an AFB manifold. 

FB_IMG_1546654916741.jpg

1 hour ago, Beemon said:

Actually it was found out yesterday that it is in fact an AFB manifold. 

FB_IMG_1546654916741.jpg

The spacing between the carburetor bolt holes on the manifold on the left look as if they have wider spacing between them than the manifold on the right.  Could you post some pictures of the bolt holes with a ruler lying next to them?

According to the website of Jon Hardgrove (The Carbking), the WCFB bolt pattern is 3-3/4" x 3-7/8". The bolt patter for the AFB is 4-1/4" x 5-5/8". The website goes into detail about dates and applications of various American produced four barrel carburetors.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)