JohnD1956

2019 - 2,019 Mile Challenge

Everyone is invited to the 2019 - 2,019 mile challenge.  This challenge is all about using your collector car in the year 2019.  Basically, choose your vehicle and choose your mileage goal and then see if you can accomplish adding that many miles to the car in this year.

There are no rules.  You can use one car, or more than one car, if you like.  You can go the 2,019 miles, or more, or less, if you like.  You choose, and you keep track, and occasionally along the way post up how you're doing.  Pictures are optional but we all like pictures.  So post places you've gone,  and odometer accumulations,  or what ever helps you make your goal. 

In the spirit of Buick fellowship everyone is invited to join at any point along the way.  As for me,  I am going to try the '56 Super again this year, and accumulate the 2,019 miles.   I wish you all good luck with your goals.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

With the loss of rules, I’m going to work toward this...I have some thinking to do about how to do it and what to drive, but I do have some time to get that thinking done.  The most direct route to Midwest City is over one thousand miles, so if we are able to drive a car to that, we will meet the challenge.

At any rate, I will do some thinking and post back what the plan is.  I definitely won’t be counting the modern Buicks.  If I replace the engine in the Rainier, I probably won’t count that either as it is likely to be just the get around vehicle for the children.

• Like 1

Since the Special does not have the water pump in yet I can start this Challenge from the last "trip meter" reading of my last drive.

IMG_4108.thumb.JPG.4d0e0b60b6795efbd92e80bd5fc8dfa1.JPG

I have to use the trip meter as the odometer is stuck. 

Will have time to get things back together as the winter is about to set in and work is slow but will be ready to let the good times roll when we get into the car season.

Let's all have fun getting there. B)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

My starting mileage

IMG_1913.thumb.JPG.fef55847ff7a3588eefbc141dee04a05.JPG

Thanks for the idea, John! I just reset the odometer today at the gas station so it'll be easy to see my starting point, too.

• Like 2

So we went out today..  Its a nice sunny 70 degree day, the first one of the new year.

We did about 30 miles or so in the hills around the house.

Pictures below of beginning milage,  and a couple of interesting things we ran into on our trip.

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bill Stoneberg said:

So we went out today..  Its a nice sunny 70 degree day, the first one of the new year.

We did about 30 miles or so in the hills around the house.

Pictures below of beginning milage,  and a couple of interesting things we ran into on our trip.

You lucky dog you!

Happy Trails. :)

Posted (edited)

Here's where I started last year (give or take ~50 miles)...

image.thumb.png.79929d1459d2d23cf850fc13

...and this was yesterday, just about a half-mile from returning home.

IMG_1002.thumb.JPG.28732c413dea94c0a7e1a6d03c72b943.JPG

So, I logged about 600 miles with Goldie last year.  I also checked the mileage on my GP and it looks similar (about 650 miles since last May).  Surprisingly that's close to the previous year, where I estimate I put just under 700 miles on each car.  Given that, I'll shoot for a combined mileage total of 2019 this year!  ;)

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Forgot to post this, this is where I'm starting. 

20190101_173556.jpg

• Like 1

So, will the Texans be through the challenge before some of us are able to hit the road at all?  😉

I get to visit Texas for the first time in a month having a convention in San Antonio the first weekend of February...I believe that will be state #28 for me, although I’d have to check.  Then I’ll be back to Dallas in July...fifty years of never being in Texas then twice in 6 months.  Things that make you go hmmm.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Thriller said:

I get to visit Texas for the first time in a month having a convention in San Antonio the first weekend of February

If you have some free time, I would be happy to meet up with you.

• Like 2

Starting 2019 at 50584 miles on the odometer.

IMAG0858.jpg

• Like 2