Vintage dealership buildings that are still around

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 12:47 AM, Joe in Canada said:

Seen this building outside of Hershey in 2013 but do not remember where. Was D. K. Wissler company name and a Hudson and Essex dealer as you can read in the pains of glass  I posted this photo in the past.

2013-10-10 2013-10-11 001 017.JPGcumberland street Lebanon Pa

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Years ago, I ventured into Bangor, PA for a company picnic and got there early, so as per usual, I drove around looking the town over. I was driving out of town and came across an old Hudson dealership building that had been abandoned years before. The cars were all gone, but the signage was still on the building, there were desks and other furniture inside, and papers strewn around. It was a time capsule that had sat untouched for decades. Does anyone know the name of that dealership?

I'm sure the building has been demolished or put to some other use by now. 

• 5 months later...

I worked for a Chrysler-Plymouth dealer for a short time in the early 70's. For the life of me can't remember the name of it. The showroom was on Metropolitan Ave and Fresh Pond Rd in Queens NY. They had a service garage on Decatur St in Brooklyn. It was billed as the home of Texas Dave. Anyone know? It wasn't Pfann Motors - that was on Jamaica Ave in Brooklyn, my father bought a new 1964 Valiant station wagon from them. At the time Plymouth was touting the solid feel and build of their cars and the salesman would demonstrate by slamming the car door. My brother and I took it upon ourselves to slam every door on every car in the showroom, much to the delight of the salesman...

Edited by KevinK
spelling error (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...