Retractable seat belts for a 1965 Riviera

psychostang

Ok, so when I bought my 65 Riviera in June of 2017, it was missing a lot of parts.  One such part is the retractable front seat belts.  I have the optional custom interior, in saddle.  If anyone has a set of these please let me know.  Also, if anyone has a picture of what the buckles are supposed to look like for 65, I would appreciate it if you would post them.  TIA.

1 hour ago, psychostang said:

Ok, so when I bought my 65 Riviera in June of 2017, it was missing a lot of parts.  One such part is the retractable front seat belts.  I have the optional custom interior, in saddle.  If anyone has a set of these please let me know.  Also, if anyone has a picture of what the buckles are supposed to look like for 65, I would appreciate it if you would post them.  TIA.

DSCN0794.thumb.JPG.cdeb823dfa72fab6686e31a3dc74e1ec.JPG

It turns out that the belts are the same as those used in a Skylark. There is a difference in how the retractors mount though. The Riviera ones have a separate piece that bolts to the floor for the retractor to bolt to.

Just thought I would throw that out there.  Just need to come up with the mount piece or make some.

Loren

Not sure these are exactly the same or not. Buckles look like an exact match to the picture Tom posted. Found these earlier today in my Impala book from Classic Industries. These are 66 Impala Deluxe belts. Having trouble posting a link, but could be worth checking into.

Almost forgot, you can also buy just the Fisher Body coach sticker, if you have belts that just need new stickers.

B2E9F466-C2DF-4C15-B4DA-B1B36B8F13EB.jpeg

Edited by steelman
Sticker note (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Well pfft.

I was concentrating on the correct buckles. Website link says available in black only. However, the printed catalog, which is less than a month old, shows 5 colors. Red, blue, black, tan, and green. If you need these, might be worth a call to check.