John_Mereness

Fuller Auburn Cord - Wilshire Blvd. Beverly Hills

I would sure like to have that sign on top of my building !

• Like 1

Does that car look the same in this view from a different angle?oo1932_auburn_fuller_wilshire.jpg.85b168947f8c8d97fd60a0ed431a1812.jpg

Probably not that car as the Murphy factory photo shows 2 tail lights and the Fuller image shows 1 tail light.

The car was continually customized by the owner, and by 1936 he added wheel disks, chrome side mount covers, additional lights, trunk rack, a rear speedo, and a bunch of other stuff. Add on that he owned 7 Model J's and his home was just a few hundred miles to the North, its very possible its the same car. 

Not a clear photo and it is a thumbnail and does not enlarge.  I think it a "Beverly" though via other photos of showroom.

As to the taillight thing - Dad use to take me to Ted Cull's and also Ron Highlands in Dayton (we kept a 1931 Cadillac in storage out on North Main and Ted, Ron, and Leo were all on same street within a mile or so of each other) - Ted and  Ron did work for Leo Gephart and their shops seemed to be the hub for adding dual taillights "like it was the thing to do at the time" !