New to the Forum

babychadwick

Good morning and a happy new year to everybody.  I recently "joined" the forum and felt I should introduce myself.  I was cursed with a love for the old cars before I was born being named "Chadwick" and have grown up with them (3rd generation).  Currently I am a single Dad with a 4 year old who I am doing my best to curse as well carrying on the tradition.  Most of my time will be spent over in the Speedster section as that is my passion.  For the most part at this time in my life a car is either a tool or a toy and toys are not in the budget.  I have a '59 Thunderbird that was my sole transportation until the divorce when I got her car and the starter died on the tbird.  The speedster was something that was also started before the divorce that is now progressing very slowly and may become an investment for building a house.  Everything special I have acquired is saved for my '12 tourabout which is more speedster than touring.  I have been collecting pieces for it for nearly 20 years and have quite a collection going.

IMG_20181108_153006848.jpg

IMG_20181115_180826954.jpg

IMG_20181113_160247521.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum!

You'll find many friendly, knowledgeable people here

to help you with any automotive questions you may have.

If you'd like to edit your profile to indicate your location,

that always helps with an introduction.  Our forum reaches

car fans throughout the United States, Canada, Europe,

Australia, New Zealand, and beyond.  There are likely

other forum members within your area.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

I'm about as far south as you can get and still be in the US.  Anybody farther south has to drive past where I am now in Key Largo, about an hour drive north to get to Miami.  Yes, like the movie.  In fact a friend of mine has a long term lease and not only restored but runs trips daily in the African Queen.  However, as I can't afford to have a home here I will be moving to western TN where I am currently paying on 18 acres.  Up there I will be able to setup a shop and foundry (I build antique flintlocks and cannons).  The plan is to be up there when my Son starts kindergarten which will be year after next.

In regards to the speedster I will be running pressurized mains driven by an oil pump on the back of the cam (magneto removed) with the bypass to the timing gears.  The rods will get their oil via dips and a damn brazed into the pan.  The camshaft is an A cut down and running bare in the T block.  Cylinder head is a new Sherman.  As for the carb hurricane Irma ate my Winfield so I either have a master or large zenith available.  The exhaust runs high headers then thru the pipe in the picture.  Gearing so I can "run" on roads is achieved by an aluminum warford.  The drop is approx. 6+ inches achieved by a "Z" in the rear coupled with bent rear spring to avoid the look of too massive a "Z".  The front perches are removed and a new bracket fabricated allowing for an adjustable 4 link front end and early rear perches mounted into the plate.  Somewhat similar to Laurel style lowering brackets.  I intend to make the body what little there is out of aluminum.

00.jpg

1111111.jpg

• Like 1

Hey there Chad! Don't forget some of your old friends on the model T site. And you may even see some here that you already know. They even let me post here from time to time!

All kidding aside. I have known Chadwick (a little bit) since he was about his son's age. I knew his grandfather and grandmother, his mom, and two of his uncles fairly well. 

Chadwick should be a good addition to the AACA family.

He might even admit to remembering me a little bit?

Of course I do.  In fact there may be a cross country trip in the near future, trying to keep a car in the family.  I was on facebook for a while and have decided to totally drop it replacing contact with the various forums.  Personally it seems odd to be a part of a group like the AACA when there are those touring with cars newer than my personal choice as a sole car.