Junkyard Misc. Comments or Inquiries

This discussion is for all inquiries or comments on junkyards which are NOT listings for individual junkyards. 

Comments / inquiries may be added under this topic, as "replies". 

All topics in the "Junkyard" forum must either be junkyard listings (following the Junkyard Forum Guidelines) , or must be placed under the "Junkyard Misc. Comments or Inquiries" topic, as a reply. 

All topics in one of these two categories will be removed from the "Junkyard" forum.

Hi,  I Live in Toronto, Canada, and I'll be spending the holidays in New York City.  I would like to take the oportunity to look for a  Borg Warner T96 or T86 transmission with Overdrive ( R10).   It was used in  Studebakers, Ramblers, and Jeeps.

I would like to know if anyone can recomend some good junkyards or places where I might find the transmission, near New York or along the way from NY to Toronto.

Once again, its The Borg Warner T96 with overdrive, or I think the T86 is also compatible.

Merry Christmas to all!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Note: this topic is a copy of the original, placed by the moderator.   If the original topic poster would like to re-post his topic as a "reply" to this one, I will delete this "temporary" one.  That way, the topic poster will be able to receive responses directly through the private message system.