1956 Buick Special--reduced

southpaw52

I really hate to do this, but I just don't have time to do her justice.   Her name is Rosie.  She runs, stops and goes when asked, backs up, turns right and left. She has an original appearing spare in the trunk, 4 nearly new Coker bias tires on the ground.  Interior is intact but incorrect. Exterior is good, but, though it is a '56 Buick color, she does not not match the build plate as should be the darker "Cadet Blue" of that year, you can see the darker blue in the picture of the engine compartment.  Engine appears original.  Trunk and floor boards are solid.  Her original sale receipt, care book with oil change dates etc will go with her, along with any other of her records I have.  (If you've read my other posts you mat know this the same make / year my Dad taught me to drive in back in the late '60's.  He enjoyed talking with me about her from NY and helping me with little adjustments over the phone.  He passed last November.  Between that and the fact that I've opened a business my heart just isn't as in to owning her as it should be.)  She is in western Montana right now and will winter over in my garage there unless you rescue her.  There is of course a "re-homing" fee.  Now only $16,500.  She is currently insured per my company's appraisal at $25K, though I know they tend to go a little high.

41218.jpg

010.JPG

004.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_1331.JPG

• Like 1

Wow !!

Nice car, and an affordable way for someone to start enjoying our hobby - and actually drive it home from western Montana?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, southpaw52 said:

Bruce, what are the odds of that?  Almost nobody lives here. LOL.  Would I know her?  Does she work in Darby?

You might. She is not a car person, however.  Work? Not sure.  Marilyn Prieb. 

Actually, I have been in Darby.  In 2006 I moved a person from there. Beautiful. The local, that is.

Ben