Jump to content

Seen Better Days


MrEarl
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

May be an image of car

 

 

 

Seller's Description

I have a 1972 Buick Riviera GS for sale. It has the factory 455ci engine with 74,000 miles. The car was my dad's and he passed away 25 years ago so it's currently sitting at my grandpa's house in YORK, SC. It's been sitting since April 1995. The body is pretty straight nothing major. Gonna need a windshield and some trim and a very good cleaning. I don't have a title or the key to the car. I would like to sell the car as a whole for $2000 firm. it's about 50 yards behind my papas house in YORK, SC. There is a path to get to it but is soft ground to get to. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MrEarl said:

 

May be an image of car

 

 

 

Seller's Description

I have a 1972 Buick Riviera GS for sale. It has the factory 455ci engine with 74,000 miles. The car was my dad's and he passed away 25 years ago so it's currently sitting at my grandpa's house in YORK, SC. It's been sitting since April 1995. The body is pretty straight nothing major. Gonna need a windshield and some trim and a very good cleaning. I don't have a title or the key to the car. I would like to sell the car as a whole for $2000 firm. it's about 50 yards behind my papas house in YORK, SC. There is a path to get to it but is soft ground to get to. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

 

Is it common in YORK, SC to to park a decedent's car over his grave in the cemetery, or to bury your relatives behind your grandpa's house in YORK, SC? Inquiring minds want to know.

 

Maybe we should start Buick and Graves thread.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neighbor: Mr Manley, you should sell me that Riviera of yours, you can’t take it with you you know. 
Mr Manley: Watch 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have to have a Sixth Sense of humor “l see dead 💀 people”

2FF6A1E3-88CC-445B-9875-6EFBF30BF2E0.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RivNut said:

That’s just a lowly Regal. Who cares? 😁

My first car. Put a 71 Buick 455 in it when I was 17 and gave Fox Body Mustangs a fit as a teenager in the early 90’s. 
Not really a notable classic but something very important to me. My great grandad sold Buick’s from 1920 to 1965 and I’m a Buick fan 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a ‘70 455, ‘67 switch pitch ST400, that I was going to put into a really nice “granny”* 83 Regal.   I was looking for a stout rear end when my stepson wrecked the regal. 😩.  
 

* light blue with a dark blue landau vinyl top.  I came up with some 15” wheels and wire wheel covers and a set of white sidewall tires. Thought I could make a nice sleeper out of it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RivNut said:

I had a ‘70 455, ‘67 switch pitch ST400, that I was going to put into a really nice “granny”* 83 Regal.   I was looking for a stout rear end when my stepson wrecked the regal. 😩.  
 

* light blue with a dark blue landau vinyl top.  I came up with some 15” wheels and wire wheel covers and a set of white sidewall tires. Thought I could make a nice sleeper out of it.  

I was 17 there with my little sister after Church on Easter Sunday. Love that old car.

AA12C362-59CD-4105-AEBB-10ECC4481D6E.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BobinVirginia said:

I was 17 there with my little sister after Church on Easter Sunday. Love that old car.

AA12C362-59CD-4105-AEBB-10ECC4481D6E.jpeg

I painted it with DuPont Centari single stage in shop class. The paint code was 99A pitch black at $35 a gallon 

we live in a different world nowadays. I sprayed this when I was 15 using money from mowing grass. 

Edited by BobinVirginia (see edit history)
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2021 at 1:09 AM, BobinVirginia said:

I painted it with DuPont Centari single stage in shop class. The paint code was 99A pitch black at $35 a gallon 

we live in a different world nowadays. I sprayed this when I was 15 using money from mowing grass. 

78 or 79?  Either way that is a great Buick.  Did you have to upgrade the front springs to accomodate the 455?  What about the rear axle?  I image you had to change the gears at least?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

78 or 79?  Either way that is a great Buick.  Did you have to upgrade the front springs to accomodate the 455?  What about the rear axle?  I image you had to change the gears at least?  

I broke a couple! Lol

It currently has a posi rear from an 86 T-type that had been totaled. The Buick 455 is pretty light and I was more interested in straight line performance. I just added a couple rubber spring spacers to give it a bit more spring rate. Truthfully it needs Springs. The 78’s first year had a lighter spindle too, if memory serves? 
I’ve not driven it since 2005 other than on a trailer to move it to storage. It’s sat in the garage stall pictured above since 2008 

Fun car and tons of great memories. I made a cool lamp from the camshaft out of the original 3.8 V6 and gave it to Dad Christmas 1995 and it’s still used to this day. Many new lamp shades thanks to my stepmom of course! Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...