1970 442 Exterior color ?

Can anyone tell me, or let me know where I can find, the available colors for a 70 442 from the factory? Would like to see what all was available on this year 442. Thanks,

Ryan

Well, let's see- the 1970 service manuals list them by name and formula and I can list those here in a separate post if you want them. The Color & Fabric Album will have color chips so you can actually see the color, but that will be an expensive piece for a 70. Try digging thru a swap meet or literature vendor and see if you can get a 1970 GM or Oldsmobile Ditzler, PPG, Rinshed-Mason etc color chip sheet. They usually have all of them on it unless there was a late-year color introduction.

• 10 months later...

I have a 70 Supreme Convertible undergoing a near frame off restoration. The original and current color is Rally Red. I am considering painting it Black but do not believe that this was an original color option. Can you confirm? Also, would be curious your opinion as to the effect such a color change will have on the value of the car. The car has been garaged for 33 years, is rust free, original and will be in pristine condition after this restoration. That said, I worry that changing the color and particularly to a non-stock color may hurt the value. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...