tom_in_nh

Steel wheel and driveshaft wanted

Good day fine Packard folks,

I am seeking one straight and true steel wheel and driveshaft.  Application is for a 1941 110 club coupe (1485 model). Seeking a shorter driveshaft for the future installation of factory overdrive.

Wheel size is 15" (diameter) x 5" (width) - 5 holes on a 4 1/2" bolt circle diameter.

Thank you, 

Tom

I believe you also posted the same question on another forum. If you have a wheel, there are services that can easily and inexpensively check and true it as needed.  Even the very rural Central Oregon area where my own shop is, there is such a place.

On the driveshaft, there are driveshaft services all over that can shorted your original for you which is what I did on my 1940 110 when adding overdrive.  They prefer having the car there to do it but will also do it if you give them the needed length or at least tell them how much shorter it needs to be.  The original R9 overdrive might be a different length than later R9 units and different than R11 units so best to have the replacement available to measure and compare to the original.

Hi Don,

Seeking a wheel to carry as a spare.  Would rather drive with five than four 😁.
I certainly agree with the idea of shortening my original driveshaft. However, the condition of my overdrive unit is unknown and untested. I like the idea of going back to pre overdrive days in case I have a pile of old bones. Hence my desire to not paint myself into a corner, just yet .

I may be interested in your non overdrive driveshaft, send me a private message  if you have one to sell.

Thanks,
Tom

Posted (edited)

Ah, you're completely missing the wheel.  I thought you had a non-true one that you were replacing.

The driveshaft places will rebuild and balance it so no worries there but I will look when I'm next at my shop to see what I have.  I believe I have at least one but not sure and it would help if you sent photos and a rough length of yours so I can be sure.  I have many driveshafts, not all Packard, and most look alike.

You can contact me directly through my Packard / IMPERIAL page below if you want.

Edited by Packard Don (see edit history)