Sign in to follow this  
zipdang

Tool restoration

I hope the link works - I can watch videos like this all day. It seems this individual has a number of videos restorating various items. Craftsmanship. Renewal instead of throw-away!

• Like 4

I also observed that the person doing these restorations has young-looking hands that aren't "beaten up" like I'd expect them to be from all the work. Yeah, I know, I sometimes notice odd things...

1 hour ago, zipdang said:

I also observed that the person doing these restorations has young-looking hands that aren't "beaten up" like I'd expect them to be from all the work. Yeah, I know, I sometimes notice odd things...

Stunt double. Specializes in hand jobs.......Bob

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Stop it 

I can't. It's my nature...............Bob

8 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Sigh... the younger generation.

If only.............bob

32 minutes ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

You win, Dad.

It is what it is, Son....😉...Dad

I first thought , what a waste of time when you will probably use it a few times.. 

Then I thought about all the time spent restoring cars that just sit in the garage most of the time.

🙄

(It is a nice shelf ornament though!)

I must admit, once a tool is restored to the level this guy attains, I probably wouldn't use it much either. Get another for the dirty work!

The guy may be young but displays some impressive machinist's skills. I like it when young folks get into keeping and restoring older stuff. Thanks for sharing!

I am not young but I have managed to stay away

On 12/28/2018 at 8:09 PM, zipdang said:

has young-looking hands that aren't "beaten up" like I'd expect them to be from all the work.

I am not young and pretty much managed to stay away from really hard work since I was about 14. My Wife worries because I take long walks along rural sections of the Erie Canal. I tell her if they find me lying along the towpath someday, they will look at my hands and say "I think he's clergy." Probably won't know where I came from.

Bernie

• Like 1