Looks Like A Nice `66...

1965rivgs

Pretty tidy car. Not much to critique.

Obviously been repainted but appears to have been done nicely from the standpoint of removing trim, brackets ,etc. The trunk lining and cardboard is wrong. Should be tan weave and gray boards. The trunk latch on the lid should be body color. Incorrect battery cables. Pics not definitive if the center hood spear has the dull argent looking sides. Could be all chrome which is not correct for 66. Of course listing states power door locks but it does not have. It does have a trunk release which is not listed. Very uncommon to see a car with deluxe interior not have a remote driver door mirror. Something looks odd with the dash pad. Like maybe some sort of cover on it....again - pics not definitive. Road wheels should have gray inserts. When the hood v-nose molding was re-chromed they did not repaint the inset black.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, JZRIV said:

Pretty tidy car. Not much to critique.

Obviously been repainted but appears to have been done nicely from the standpoint of removing trim, brackets ,etc. The trunk lining and cardboard is wrong. Should be tan weave and gray boards. The trunk latch on the lid should be body color. Incorrect battery cables. Pics not definitive if the center hood spear has the dull argent looking sides. Could be all chrome which is not correct for 66. Of course listing states power door locks but it does not have. It does have a trunk release which is not listed. Very uncommon to see a car with deluxe interior not have a remote driver door mirror. Something looks odd with the dash pad. Like maybe some sort of cover on it....again - pics not definitive. Road wheels should have gray inserts. When the hood v-nose molding was re-chromed they did not repaint the inset black.

So, with your observations Jason, do you think the mileage is original or has the odometer turned over?  The car looks tidy for sure but the trunk lining shouldn't need replacing if the mileage is truly original.  It is a nice looking car for sure.

2 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

So, with your observations Jason, do you think the mileage is original or has the odometer turned over?  The car looks tidy for sure but the trunk lining shouldn't need replacing if the mileage is truly original.  It is a nice looking car for sure.

Unless there has been a lot of work done to it that doesn't show, I think its probably original mileage. The interior looks really good but not uncommon for a deluxe interior if reasonable care was taken and not left to bake in arid climates of the southwest. That tan weave trunk lining stained really easy and because it is so light, it didn't look good once stained. The tar paper based underlayment seemed to bleed through also especially if anything heavy was put in.  Of course any water leakage promoted staining as well. so its pretty uncommon to see an original in presentable condition.

I had this car checked out in MI last year (July), and I sent you a bunch of pics Jason.  Price was about 1/2 what it is now, but the car looks much nicer now.  We couldn't determine for sure if it was 7k original miles.  Car had been in storage and wasn't running.  

Jeez! I didn't pay close enough attention to the mileage and at a glance thought it was 70k. Still can't comment on mileage since so much has been done it. There would need to be some documentation. Its probably low miles but but not sure its 7k. If a car is not stored well for many years they can be in pretty sad condition even with low low miles.

And Chris, at first I thought could it be same car because of the uncommon color? After looking at the condition, I thought probably not but being at work I did not have those pics you sent me to reference.