Sign in to follow this  
RVMC

need tail light bracket for 1931 Buick

It will need to be aftermarket since the car only had one driver's side taillight from the factory.

Many drivers add them to the passenger side for dual brake lights and turn signals.

ca0814-191309_3.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, Mark Shaw said:
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:33 AM, RVMC said:

In need of a taillight bracket passenger side for a 1931 Buick, aftermarket would be fine.

I purchased a 1931 91 series and it had both taillights and both right and left taillight brackets, but the passenger side bracket is broken.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:33 AM, RVMC said:

In need of a taillight bracket passenger side for a 1931 Buick, aftermarket would be fine.

It will need to be aftermarket since the car only had one driver's side taillight from the factory.

Many drivers add them to the passenger side for dual brake lights and turn signals.

ca0814-191309_3.jpg

1 minute ago, RVMC said:

I purchased a 1931 91 series and it had both taillights and both right and left taillight brackets, but the passenger side bracket is broken.

I was asked if my 31 8-66S coupe had one or two tail lights when I ordered my new wiring harness from Harnesses Unlimited but know standard is left only with license frame.  It mounts a Gemco tail light which I believe is under the Guide lamp umbrella as the lamp parts are listed in the United Motors parts list I have for 31 along with the 31 Tilt Ray headlights parts.

Hey Pete- these changed drastically in 32 as they started mounting the brackets on the rear fender.  The 31 standard left tail light and a few years previous to that pass through an oval shaped opening on the gas tank cover and mount with 2 bolts on the side of the frame.  I have never seen a right side light on a 31 so not sure how it mounts. 

Dave

Edited by Str8-8-Dave (see edit history)

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, Pete Phillips said:

These are two extras I have, but for a '32. Do not know if '31 is the same.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

IMG_0972.JPG

Hi Pete, the 1931 Buick rear light brackets were mounted on the side of the gas tank.

1931 buick.jpg

• Like 1

About a year or so ago I considered including a right tail light for my ‘31 8-67.  There are no frame holes or any other indication that it was an option.  So, I studied the geometry of the left side bracket and I recall that you could make one strategically located cut through the tube, rotate 180 degrees and weld it back.  Then flip the entire thing over and it would mount on the right side.  The only evidence left would be the mount itself against the frame would tilt the opposite direction.  This would be almost impossible to notice but it could be corrected by making a second thru-cut close to the mount and rotating that mounting oval.  

I havent done this but haven’t ruled it out.

Joel