What did you get for Christmas this year?

Larry Schramm

Went shopping for the wife's Christmas presents and just so happened Home Depot was next door,  so in need of a new good big tape measure I came out with $100 worth of Christmas stocking stuffers for my self.  The wife wasn't amused when I walked through the door and she said did you get me something nice, (she knew I was going Christmas shopping for her)   when I showed her the Milwaukee Bit sets and new tape measure. ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

I got the engine for our 1915 truck running today. :)    

And here's the proof!

Click on the image, then click on the "Play" arrow if the video doesn't automatically start.

20181224_110555

Edited by 95Cardinal
added comment (see edit history)
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Rooster said:

You're a brave man auburnseeker     😨

I did get the look.  She is already stressed by the Holidays to begin with.  I get the look often though when I tell her I'm spending all that time working on the 60 by 72 foot garage so she has a place to store her 1991 VW rabbit convertible. ;) 

Which actually fits nicely in the basement garage as it is.  

I got that same look again a few weeks ago when I told her the garage door for her garage was going to cost 4300 with upgrades.  Again for the garage to store her $2800  car. 

I'm surprised she doesn't have a contract out on me yet. :) 

• Haha 3

Not Buick-related but my awesome and very clever wife bought me this absolutely beautiful 1929 Cadillac Fleetwood portfolio from a fellow board member. It's the most amazing factory brochure I've ever seen. I'm so excited to have it as part of my collection. Best gift ever!

1055721428_291.thumb.jpg.fc82740bf0fa870e0271c83351d4515a.jpg.efacfa014d68ba0831c4b94c79c73ea4.jpg 701593934_292.thumb.jpg.f4877a77398ad41bc508be523ff47bd2.jpg.77d61087da710bd31b0e2d9be0fd3965.jpg 1063925841_298.thumb.jpg.6382315f48f79cd2606bbe2005202aae.jpg.60f169159f9730848d13f331da60b967.jpg

• Like 5

I got a pack of screwdrivers  50 total which will help refill my screwdriver drawer.

Ands my brother in Law gave me a motion detector light that fits in the toilet and lights it up at night.  Just what the heck I need.

Not to mention it is multi colored LED lights. 

Edited by Bill Stoneberg (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just like when I was a kid: socks and underwear  Special this year though.  Bomba merino wool socks and some Duluth Trading company "Bull Pen" underwear.  "Swagger without the swing."  "Supportive pocket keeps 'em corralled."  "..... keeps those wrecking balls corralled and comfortable all day." 

And a couple of pair of Buck Naked underwear.  

image.jpeg.1ab050089b0653b39da5bfc5fc525768.jpeg

My woman surely knows how to treat her man. 

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

"  "Supportive pocket keeps 'em corralled."  "..... keeps those wrecking balls corralled and comfortable all day." 

Question is, what is she telling you?

Ben

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RivNut said:

Just like when I was a kid: socks and underwear  Special this year though.  Bomba merino wool socks and some Duluth Trading company "Bull Pen" underwear.  "Swagger without the swing."  "Supportive pocket keeps 'em corralled."  "..... keeps those wrecking balls corralled and comfortable all day." 

Way too much info.

Where are the moderators here. ;) 

Just kidding. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Just so you all know, I did buy the wife some stuff for Christmas including this little box with something special inside I wrapped up for her. 

IMG_5143.JPG

Was it the keys to that $4,300 garage door, so she could get her car out without bothering you too much? 🤣

• Haha 2

No it wasn't but now that you mention it she could have bought me the garage door opener for it. ;)  

I couldn't afford the extra 1000 for an opener so we'll have to do it manually for a while. Now if I hadn't bought that little box I would have been a long ways toward an opener.

She was happy with it when she opened it,  so that's all that matters.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I found an accessory front bumper for the '25 Buick on ebay. My wife helped pay for it.She was shocked when I told her what the finished product was going to cost !

She also bought me an 1860 vintage Snider-Enfield rifle,complete with bayonet and scabbard,that a friend offered me before Christmas. That lady's a keeper.

Jim

• Like 3

Some "sticklers" might get concerned about the Duluth Trading Company's advertised "benefits", all things considered.  Then combine those advertised benefits, with empty drawers now full (of implements and other solid things), raising garage doors, etc., some might not realize that we're possibly more "dreamers" who are always thinking of cars and getting them running again?  AND many have success without fuel additives!

Happy NEW YEAR!

NTX5467

Got this canvas print of a '54 Special from Fred Zwicker, owner of TP Tools & Equipment in Canfield, Ohio. His shop restored the car and with the help of the 1954buick.com forum got a Gold award with a perfect score of 400 it's first time out at the Concord NC Buick Nationals. Fred is one of the nicest and most generous rich folks I know and I have been on his Christmas list since getting to know him. I think his son has now taken over the operation of the business. His company specializes in blast cabinets and painting equipment but also has lots of small tools. You can get a catalog at    TP TOOLS

The canvas will be mounted on a wooden frame and displayed in the  '54 area of Buick Sales and Service.... some day.....

C3983EDF-1CB7-44E2-A81F-70838DAE2306.jpeg

2D939C74-5CCC-43A9-B48A-614F0ADF7A71.jpeg

558DEF95-4DCE-4ACA-9E5A-E67B8A00B1EF.jpeg

91790C19-7C9D-49D1-9F2D-5D95487E803E.jpeg

• Like 5

Friends and Neighbors Monty and Leah Warsing presented me with this sign for Christmas. They had accompanied us on the America on Wheels tour several years ago. They like to indulge me in my Buick hobby. Now I just need to complete repairs on my old Buicks!

DSCF7265.thumb.JPG.4571579de382ad2c247ad8521669a7d7.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My boss knows how I love working on the old Buicks and she knows that a roll-away can never have too many tools in it, so, this appeared under the tree.  As I always tell everyone, there are only three things in this world that are worth a solitary dime - and they are GM, JD, and HD. (not necessarily in that order).  The Boss did good.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

P1080367.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

My boss knows how I love working on the old Buicks and she knows that a roll-away can never have too many tools in it, so, this appeared under the tree.  As I always tell everyone, there are only three things in this world that are worth a solitary dime - and they are GM, JD, and HD. (not necessarily in that order).  The Boss did good.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

P1080367.JPG

No wife in the list?  I would think she is #1 and everything else is after her.

• Thanks 1