Mark Gregory

1934 Morgan Car

"Inquire for price" is the first I've seen on Craigslist.

Maybe he thinks he's in the Robb Report.

I just love it when you see an ad for a Ferrari, Packard or similar car, and the last line says "POA" - Price upon application.

I already know it's too expensive for me. 

• Like 1

Got this reply to an inquiry today, Didn't seem that unreasonable to me for a car this rare.

Howard Dennis

The engine turns. This is a project. Everything is expected to be rebuilt.  
The body tub and radiator were built by Vintage Sheet Metal of Malvern UK. 
Asking price is less than the cost of the tub..
I’m asking $12,000 obo. 
Fully restored prices are in the $45,000 to $55,000 range

>>I just love it when you see an ad for a Ferrari, Packard or similar car, and the last line says "POA" - Price upon application.   I already know it's too expensive for me.

Ha ha.  My sentiments exactly.  Yet so many dealers never put in the price.  They say "Inquire".  That tells me that either they don't know themselves what it's worth and are waiting for offers, or it is so overpriced they don't want to look foolish to the casual observer.  I don't think I've ever "Inquired".

From what I've seen, the more high profile dealers always include a price.  Seems to me stating the price,  or at least an asking or starting price, would save a lot of tire kicking.

Wow! $12,000 or best offer. That's a very good price. You won't find another Morgan for that price. 

Too bad I don't have room for another car. My last spot was taken up by a franklin project.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, RansomEli said:

Wow! $12,000 or best offer. That's a very good price. You won't find another Morgan for that price. 

Too bad I don't have room for another car. My last spot was taken up by a franklin project.

The price is about right providing its all there and in good condition but can't see a restored one making 45k as this model is  the least sought after Morgan