2nevets

Going in deep

Please don't take this as criticism but I can't help but ask why you took it apart? I know to restore but it looks like a great car to begin with.

Maybe I've just never been lucky enough to start with anything that looks that good.

Lots of work to restore properly and completely.  Taking the body apart, especially off frame can be problematic since it's a uni-body and often it doesn't fit back like one would like.  Going this far you would want to replace things like all the wiring harnesses and brakes complete  as well as shocks and exhaust.  when you have it apart it's a lot easier to do these tasks.  Also motor, trans, differential, front end......like building a new car!   And remember if you're rebuilding to sell that doesn't always work too well with the cost of parts and the amount of time.  But a great hobby and a proud project once it's completed.  Do document each step of the restoration in photos and comments.  Good luck!

On 12/20/2018 at 11:37 AM, JAK said:

Please don't take this as criticism but I can't help but ask why you took it apart? I know to restore but it looks like a great car to begin with.

Maybe I've just never been lucky enough to start with anything that looks that good.

the car was a 10 footer
This was my dads all time favorite Lincoln so I am doing it in his honor 
I am leaving the body on the frame but dropping the suspension

Best of luck!  I am finishing my car knowing my father is watching.  He did so much work on it.  I’m even using his tools instead of mine.   I have his car now too, a 1967 Nova that he wouldn’t allow a fly to land on.  I’m doing my best to keep it clean.  He had just clay barred it this summer, just because—it certainly didn’t need it.

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)

Motor is finished-now its almost time to start the metal work now that the temps are going to warm up

12736_resized.jpeg

12732_resized.jpeg

Hi very nice car, I would only suggest that our 12 cyl Lincolns which are severely under valued, and the safe way to preserve investment is either

100 point restoration, or big money hot rod----Your car was beautiful when you started, and then this picture of a silver painted 

engine with wrong heads will stick out like a sore thumb. (its your car and none of my business). The attraction of this automobile is 

style and status and the 12 cyl gleaming engine. (in my opinion). 

---Get some correct green paint, get some polished aluminum heads now while engine is out..or at least paint engine green,

heads can be fake aluminum....

v-12.jpg

12 hours ago, detroitsoul said:

What metal work are you doing?

rockers need to be done cleaner as well as the grille surround 

I am still going through all the mechanical components of my car but I eventually I will to get to the body.  I have some pretty big holes that will need to be filled.  Just curious what all is entailed to fix the holes and how you go about matching the paint and where to find it.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Mssr. Bwatoe said:

Hi very nice car, I would only suggest that our 12 cyl Lincolns which are severely under valued, and the safe way to preserve investment is either

100 point restoration, or big money hot rod----Your car was beautiful when you started, and then this picture of a silver painted 

engine with wrong heads will stick out like a sore thumb. (its your car and none of my business). The attraction of this automobile is 

style and status and the 12 cyl gleaming engine. (in my opinion). 

---Get some correct green paint, get some polished aluminum heads now while engine is out..or at least paint engine green,

heads can be fake aluminum....

v-12.jpg

what a picture!!
Actually I plan on painting the engine green since I already have the paint-the machine shop did the painting of this on his own

Edited by 2nevets (see edit history)