Emotorspark traders

kreed

Here's their website 

https://emotorspark.com/consignment-centralstore/index.html

looks very  fishy at first glance and almost too good to be true - free shipping, no money down, keep the merchandise 10 days and if you don't like it, send it back at their expense ?.....

never heard them until I stumbled across crashing Riviera stuff 

KReed

ROA 14549 

Never heard of it but after a 10 minute scan of website it looks essentially a 3rd party listing service that charges close to 20% after its all said and done. But they take pics and do the listing, shipping, etc which would be great for some folks. Now the key is seller has to drop off the item at one of their locations which are VERY limited. 

Says no hidden fees but their fee structure seems to have variables that make it hard to figure out. As much as I complain about Paypal at least it is very clear what the fees are. Wonder what their shipping fees would be? When you list on ebay most will figure cost of shipping into price or charge actual shipping cost based on location. If they inflate shipping cost to buyer to pay for labor to pack and ship that could mean they won't sell item for as much money. Then again if a seller doesn't want the hassle of listing, packing and shipping they may not care to pay someone. So if an items doesn't sell I wonder what you end up paying? It won't be free that's for sure.

Seems like it should be OK for a buyer.

I just see too many potential issues for a seller dropping your item off at a place where you have no idea who is handling it.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

This is a scam! You will notice that the adress in the address bar is not their web address......the word traders has been left out and the address is not

a secure website. I went to their true website and they stated that many people are scamming folks with websites that are totally fictitious using their

name to scam people. Their website is not emotorspark.com, it is emotorsparktraders.com. Of course, anybody with half a brain cell knows you

can't buy a beautiful 71 creampuff Riviera like that for 5600 dollars!

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

i hope they are a lagit company. i am waiting on a car to arrive that i got through this company. They have been in touch with me the whole time and kept me updated as to where we were in the process. The website i used is just www.emotorspark.com the worldpress has never been in the domain. I read many forums and researched many scam lists before deciding to proceed with the transaction. Every forum said it was real and never once did they popup on any scam lists. They are even listed with the Texas licensing division as a used car dealer licensed to sell in the state of Texas. I am not saying for sure they are real i will know more for sure once my car arrives (or doesn't arrive). If it don't i will for sure let you know before i make a trip to Boston to get my down payment back. I will let you guys know either way. 

On 12/19/2018 at 11:09 PM, kreed said:

Does anyone have any experience with this group ? Their website sounds too good to be true. Reviews that I can find say they are legit . I remain very skeptical . Any thoughts/ advice / experience would be appreciated .

https://emotorsparktraders.wordpress.com/about-us/

Hello, I too am awaiting some feedback.  It seems a bit mystical on how they do transactions. You mentioned cc, well they told me I had to use gift cards to make.my deposit. Any further updates on your end?

On 12/19/2018 at 11:09 PM, kreed said:

On 12/21/2018 at 12:31 PM, D. D. Bedea said:

i hope they are a lagit company. i am waiting on a car to arrive that i got through this company. They have been in touch with me the whole time and kept me updated as to where we were in the process. The website i used is just www.emotorspark.com the worldpress has never been in the domain. I read many forums and researched many scam lists before deciding to proceed with the transaction. Every forum said it was real and never once did they popup on any scam lists. They are even listed with the Texas licensing division as a used car dealer licensed to sell in the state of Texas. I am not saying for sure they are real i will know more for sure once my car arrives (or doesn't arrive). If it don't i will for sure let you know before i make a trip to Boston to get my down payment back. I will let you guys know either way. 

Hello, I too am awaiting some feedback.  It seems a bit mystical on how they do transactions. They told me I had to use gift cards to make.my deposit. Any further updates on your end?

As far as I can tell it is a scam!!! Car was scheduled to arrive on the 23rd I contacted them on the 22nd to verify and they changed the date to the 26th. When I try to contact them today via email it says address does not exist and when I try to go to website I get some message that looks to be  Arabic 

813F20DD-91BF-4D50-8F87-E9355CCEBB77.png

• Haha 1

Oh wow, that looks like some Russian language. Sorry that happened to you. The 66 Charger on their site was on another site in a different state. Same exact photos and description and they asked me to pay  a $2k deposit with GIFT CARDS (?!?!?) What??!! Anyway I hope you get some resolve to the situation. Ill keep searching through a LEGIT site. Thanks for your feedback. 

My wife and I both spent several days looking into them. Reading blogs about the company and searching all the scam list sites we could find and found nothing negative about them so I decided to try it bad decision. I will boat fraud warnings on every site I can find and report to the fbi fraud department 

Wow these guys are real pros..........everything on the internet regarding this sham company has disappeared, including their website.

It's almost as if Google is in on it......amazing. I'm sure they are busy creating a new name, website and fake testimonials to sell more nice cars

for ten cents on the dollar under a new name. All the posts at various forums saying they are legit have vanished. These were obviously phony posts.

Lot's of luck finding them in Oklahoma.........this is a Russian operation.This whole thing reminds me of the movie "The Sting".  Basically, they created this company website with phony cars for sale, then created phony testimonials for people to click on when they were investigating

if they were legit. Then they ran the scam for a couple of weeks reeling in all the fish they could catch, then folded up their tent and moved on

before anybody got wise and posted warnings about them on the internet. They will pop up again with a new name and a new website and

with lots of testimonials.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

This is what I have found so far. If anyone finds out more info please e mail me at bedeadd@hotmail.com. I would love to find this person and see him face to face. Even if it means flying to Russia I have no problem with that either. It is funny how they kept the website from popping up on any of the scam lists. I searched tons of scam alert websites and lists never once showed up anywhere 

8A2E7270-738C-4BE4-960C-A069088033AF.png

Edited by D. D. Bedea (see edit history)

Before you hop into your car and drive to Mcalester Oklahoma, I think you should be aware that according to searches I have done, nobody

by that name lives in McAlester, and the address of 1427 Philli Lane is a non existent address.  It appears that the Ruskies have been hard at work

sucking money out of car enthusiasts bank accounts. (And we thought hacking the election was bad!) I am glad to know about scam advisor.com.......

That is the way to check out websites for being a scam.

Believe it or not, a lot of these scams originate from russia, and are tied to various russian mobs, which in turn are tied to government officials.  There's rarely just one person behind this, it's usually several and it's ran like a business. They like to use the UK as a launch base too. Their primary business is computer virus scams.

I sold my mustang on craigslist. After about the first month of listing it, I started getting emails (using CL's email system) just asking if the car was still available. I responded to one, and started getting a lot of spam. Figured out if you reply, you're put on a list of known active email addresses, and that list is sold to "advertisers". Lots of virus emails wanting you to check on the status of shipments too. Even had one in very broken english wanting the VIN number of the car.

Gotta keep in mind, we in the US live in a bubble, where people are expected to be honest. The rest of the world, people are expected to be scamming you until proven otherwise.

Unfortunately there are scammers everywhere in today's electronic world, that's how they survive !

CL, Kijiji, eBay, and many other trusted sites are vast watering holes for these unscrupulous scammers.

Never commit to any dealings with them - if it can't be done "in person", with the goods available for inspection, and with good old cash !

It's a shame, but the days of trusting unknown individuals are long gone.

Welcome to the real world !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...