Sign in to follow this  
Tom_

HVAC Blend Door Module

I am getting ready to sell my '89 and as soon as I got the heater core replaced the HVAC programmer decided that it will no longer operate the blend door.  It still blows air out of the correct vents when asked but the blend door motor does not want to move on its own.  Does anyone know if I can R&R the motor from the module simply or would it just be easier to replace the whole module?  

Also I'm open to inquiries about the car being for sale.  I have done a lot of work to keep the car running and driving as it should.  It has 183k miles and has been my daily for the last 5 years.  The paint is rough from the Texas sun but the only thing on the car that doesn't work (other than the climate module mentioned above) is the rear defroster.  I will be posting photos in the buy/sell forum after the holidays.  

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Yes, the blend door motor just unplugs from the HVAC controller, but would need a replacement from another controller, so a donor would be needed. 

Several cars used the same part,  they are not that hard to find at pick n pulls.

The 1986-1991 Cadillac Seville and Eldorado used them and are somewhat plentiful in the yards.