1948 AACA Magazine and bulletins

That is neat.  I have a complete set from mid-1962 to today, missing a few issues here and there.....it was two the last time I checked them.  I have run out of shelf space, and bought the computer plug-in thing with all the issues on it up to when I bought it, but it's not the same as the magazines.  I can't bring myself to throw out the real magazines, but there doesn't seem to be any demand for them.

• Like 1

Dynaflash8

Yes,  I enjoy these old AACA magazine too.  I am glad your enjoying yours as well.

I especially love the stories from the 50's; where people are working on their earlier era car in their garage or driveway and with help of local blacksmith to make parts, often for free.  The touring stories from 50's along with others from the past, such as, the great New York to paris Race in 1905 or thereabouts. BBC has done a great recreation of this tour on DVD. 

There is  a good chance I may have a near complete duplicate set from 50's [possible even a one or two from 1949 should someone want to trade or is interested. 

Joe

Edited by Joe Block (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

A friend just passed on a set of AACA magazines from 1958 on. I'll have no problems passing away the cold winter months !

Has AACA ever offered an index or binding for the magazines ?

Jim

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is an index but also a great USB that has the issues on it. Get with our AACA Library or Editor West for more information.

(I still have my collection of magazines too - but the USB is pretty nice to work with!)

• 2 weeks later...

I am old school I like paper magazines to sit in the easy chair, ideally with the fireplace lite on cold winter day or evening.  Light snow melting off outside today.   more tonight.   Washougal, Washington near the Columbia River,  Lewis and Clark Country. .  I think that be a great region name Lewis and Clark.  My local region did not care for my idea. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do not use the old mags for reference, too difficult to reference for my cars. Not many issues with cars I have had in them.

The  stair way to MY room over garage was so difficult to traverse with books on every stair that I decided what to do.

So last week I took the last ten years to a boat motor club meeting and passed them out.

So many calls telling me how they liked looking at them.

I still  have many many years stashed in my storage barn in 20 or more heavy duty Dole Banana boxes.

The hospital waiting room is my next intended drop off point.

Any one else with ideas I can use in spreading the joy of old Cars and AACA?

• Like 1