1937 trunk latch mechanism wanted- FOUND

SMB

A friend from Australia need a trunk latch mechanism part 262591 and also the strike plate.  If you have one or have a suggestion on where to get it please let me know.

He found one - Stephen Allens has it.  Could use the strike plate if anyone has it.   But they can easily be made.   Thanks everyone.

Edited by SMB (see edit history)

Part number 262591 lock was used for 3 years 1936, 1937, and 1938.  Somewhere in my spare part assortment I have the lock as I removed it from a 1938 parts car I used to have.  We need to know what model of car he has as there were 2 different strickers used - 

# 262787 for 1936 & 1937 4 door models W3, W6 and 2 door models F2, F4 and F6

# 262547 for 193;6 & 1937 4 door models W1, W4, W8; 2 door models F2, F4, F8 and Coupe models.

The strickers could be fabbed if we had a sample or got the drawings from South Bend.

If you need me to start the search let me know as I can provide a lock but not a striker 

I know I have the latch, I've checked my lists of inventoried parts and it doesn't appear so I will look in the boxes I haven't inventoried  yet.  It may take me a few days but I'll do it as soon as I can.  Thanks for the photos, the 37 striker is different than 38.  Hopefully someone has a 37 parts car but if not it could probably be fabricated..

On 12/16/2018 at 9:40 AM, Ausstude said:

Hello, I'm the guy in Australia SMB refers to .  My car is a 37 Dictator Coupe and I'm looking for a lock and striker plate for the trunk. 

If you have either , please let me know and we can work out how to proceed.  Cheers 

Thanks again guys for your help to try and find these parts for me.  I look forward to hearing if you able to locate the latch.

Cheers