Buick 1932 model 90 series 90, 91 or 97

Constantine

Lately lots of people in South America have been cutting up 90 Series Buick’s and building specials. Shame.......lots of  nice Sedans are now speed cars.....such is the market.

10 hours ago, RICHELIEUMOTORCAR said:

I have one. A 32 90 Victoria coupe. The car is still buried in long term storage since the 1950s but I would like to get it out and maybe put the car up for sale by next spring or summer. Are you looking to buy one or just general information on the 90 series?

Thanks for your reply.  A Victoria is a lovely body but I'm only after a 4 door car (a series 90, 91 or 97).

17 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

You might check with Mack Blair of Indiana, PA.  He is and long has been a 32 Buick enthusiast with big time interest in that year.

Does anyone have Mack's current email address and telephone number?  buick32@adelphia.net doesn't work.  724-463-3372 does ring but then asks for access code.

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Constantine, what are your plans for the car?

Are you going to modify it, or keep it authentic?

Hi, I'm helping a friend track down one of these.  He already owns a 1932 Buick model 67 (see photos).  He's interested in adding the top of the line Buick 4 door for that year to his collection.  He's not into hot-rods.  These cars are just too nice and rare for that.

IMG-20180915-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20180915-WA0007.jpg

Just for information........down in South America they have been buying up big series Buick cars, tossing the bodies, and building vintage race cars with modern coachwork. There is an entire class for the Buick Specials in the racing world down there. They have bought about two dozen over the last five years that I know of........than cut them up. I had a big chassis I pulled out of a junk yard years ago, and somehow they found out about it. I sold it to them. For them to have found me, they must have been looking very hard. Ed

8 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Just for information........down in South America they have been buying up big series Buick cars, tossing the bodies, and building vintage race cars with modern coachwork. There is an entire class for the Buick Specials in the racing world down there. They have bought about two dozen over the last five years that I know of........than cut them up. I had a big chassis I pulled out of a junk yard years ago, and somehow they found out about it. I sold it to them. For them to have found me, they must have been looking very hard. Ed

Vintage race cars with modern coachwork?  Bizarre.  They could use a Ford Model A chassis which are available locally.  With most of South America in economic meltdown including the big boys Argentina and Brazil, I cannot imagine too many folks there have the money needed for this type of thing.

Modern reproduction coachwork that looks like 1930's built specials. Yes, many are starving, but the top of the food chain is doing fine.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, Constantine said:

I'm looking for a 1932 Buick model 90 series 90, 91 or 97.

You might contact Ms Sandy Jones in Ft Collins Colorado.

Sandy passed away a while ago and left his wife with 2 either '32 or '33 series 90 Buicks.

One was listed on evilbay but did not sell.

Sandy's handle on the forums was OCM (outlaw car man) and there still may be some posted pictures of his cars.

I have visited them and both are beautiful cars.

Mike in Colorado

38 minutes ago, FLYER15015 said:

You might contact Ms Sandy Jones in Ft Collins Colorado.

Sandy passed away a while ago and left his wife with 2 either '32 or '33 series 90 Buicks.

One was listed on evilbay but did not sell.

Sandy's handle on the forums was OCM (outlaw car man) and there still may be some posted pictures of his cars.

I have visited them and both are beautiful cars.

Mike in Colorado

Thanks for your message.  I searched the forum.  Sandy owned two 1933 model 90 4-door.  Photos show they're really nice cars but unfortunately not the year I'm seeking.

Edited by Constantine
spelling (see edit history)