Heat riser on DA

Dodgenz

I've been trying to remove the heat riser (?) to repair the cracked manifold on my DA. But it looks like it is going to come off in bits as seems fairly welded in place - i'm not liking my chances. Does anyone know if these are available, or does anyone have one they might sell? Any thoughts or suggestions, or am I going to have to resort to making a flat plate to go over the end of the manifold?

heat riser.jpg

Here are some photos of exterior assembly and some parts that I used for mine. I was told to soak in oil which I did, but my manifold was in better shape than yours. I don't know that these photos help as I don't have any spare parts. Every so often a manifold comes up on eBay ...the manifold in the 1st photo was for sale this last April...I wonder if calling Myers Early Dodge might help as I got bumpers and a clum switch from their parts cars.

35750e1a3a703bd62748ef9bba3cf307.jpg

79eeb9150d5ca3f9ea67787cac8ccd3f.jpg

e769c5e2dfdff77ba3ce4732e7f072d5.jpg

1ad3bc05a903715c36d58ba552311e90.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spinneyhill said:

Is that a crack between the 0 and 4 in the casting number?

I just wire brushed the living stuffing out of it and although it does look like a crack, it is NOT. Looks more like a casting flaw close up.

4 minutes ago, Ron Lawson said:

Just my observation The manifold that Dodgenz is chasing the outlet is t the rear The one that John has the outlet is at the front 

I think the one that Dodgenz has is on the front. I see a vacuum tank in the background.