1912 olds limited

caf

the chandler car was the only 12 limited remaining.  I believe the melton car is an 11 and was in the browning collection until it was sold at their big auction at pebble beach.  Stan Lucas from so cal bought it. I think it went for about 500 thou. it was a very nice car and appeared to be restored but very original.

2 hours ago, caf said:

the chandler car was the only 12 limited remaining.  I believe the melton car is an 11 and was in the browning collection until it was sold at their big auction at pebble beach.  Stan Lucas from so cal bought it. I think it went for about 500 thou. it was a very nice car and appeared to be restored but very original.

Thank you, that Limited had 4,000 miles on it when James Melton found it in 1945. Snap shot from the Melton era. Bob 

DSCF9198.JPG

So the car you are talking about was sold in Florida at the RM Auction.  I was there.  Collection of two brothers and their name escapes me.  I believe I know who has it now but do not have permission to divulge.  Otis Chandler had the Olds Limited Limousine and I still remember the ads on OCW when it went up for sale.  Somehow $187,000 sticks in my mind but that was in the 70's and I could be all wet.

After the '12 sold I kept wondering what the 1911 factory car could be worth today!!  Bet more with its provenance and quality restoration.  That was a great project and I was happy to be a part of it and be its caretaker for several years. 

• Like 1

That Olds can still draw a crowd.

Those pictures of the Oldsmobile were taken in 1947 when the previous owner took the Limited on a cross country trip from Ohio out to the East coast, then to the West coast and back, He lived in Cleveland area drive the car for the entire trip.

limited.jpg

• Like 1