What are some of the great "missing" Classics, prewar American?

trimacar

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

T

This car was last seen in Michigan getting some wood repair. It’s the double entery saloon, one door, that opens from both ends, done in Brewster Green. I saw restoration photos of it by the current owner, who may or may not still be with us, around 1995. Had a great talk with him about the car.

Ed,  I believe they made two.  One was painted dark,  one was painted light.  I guess one survived.  Would be good to see it out in the open again.  Potential class winner American Closed at Pebble

1 hour ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Are there no one off custom bodied Chrysler/Imperials missing?

I thought about it and couldn't think of any in the early 30s from the well known coachbuilders.   Later in the 30s Derham did a bunch of sem-custom jobs and I'm sure some of those are missing.

image.png.d77516a1648ab5c46f1454a49645e050.png

The DV-32 Stutz Rollston Tuxedo Cabriolet exists and is restored.   AK Miller had owned it since the late 30's and sold it in the late 1980's.  A collector restored it and had it at an Annual Meeting and it was pictured in the CCCA publication one time.  It has since gone underground and not been shown publically since.       

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

Ed,

Did this make it?  I've never seen it.  Brunn bodied Pierce Arrow.

image.png.a64b3cb4539ae1a1f372f063d5791e26.png

Didn’t make it......too bad.