National awards banquet

myhudson48

Just received my letter stating I won an award. Got a few questions. New at this and have never been to the banquet or won such an honor. Just what do I receive at the banquet? Says black tie event. Is a tuxedo required or just a black suit is sufficient? Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Congratulations on your award, You have just recieved one of the highest awards given by AACA. By all means attend the Annual Meeting and Banquet.  You and your guest could dress "period correct" , you can wear a tux or a nice suit and tie is fine. 

The silver platters gave way to crystal awards about 15 or more years ago. Bottom line, be there cause they gonna roll out the red carpet for you....literary 

• Like 1

Tommy is 100% correct.  However, if you come you might want to take in the seminars, trade show and judging schools that also take place beginning on Thursday.  Most of the action is Friday and Saturday. You also will get another special gift on Saturday night given to only those who attend.  Most of all congratulations!!!