demon452

64 dual quad trans detent switch pic

I was wondering if someone could take a pic of a trans detent switch bracket for a 64 dual quad setup. I just put a dual quad on my riviera and need to modify my original. Pic greatly appreciated.

Also if someone has one for sale I may be interested.

Thanks in advance

Nevermind. Talked to Russ Martin.  Got the info I needed. No they don't reproduce them. Or he doesn't get them anymore.

I may have a repopped one, I'll look and advise.  This is the picture If I have it.

repop 64 2x4 bkt 2.JPG

If you did'nt need te rolled bead down the center, this bracket looks like it could be cut out of some mild steel and bent with a couple of right angles and you'd be good to go.

56 minutes ago, RivNut said:

If you did'nt need te rolled bead down the center, this bracket looks like it could be cut out of some mild steel and bent with a couple of right angles and you'd be good to go.

Like this one.  It's long gone. 

Have to move a bunch of stuff to get to my parts cabinet.  Christmas decorating.

64 2x4 kickdown.JPG

• Like 1

All done. Not as bad as I thought. Although i don't take pics throughout processes. Always bad with that. Here are 2 pics.

20181208_135843.jpg

20181208_143022.jpg

• Like 1

Forgot to mention the first pic was just the hole location. Yes I thought I was done (painted) until I put the carb on. Had to cut the top off, angle in downward and bring it slightly forward to achieve a 50 thousand gap as per the manual. Plus it looked strange to me at the max out of the slots.