Looking for 1954 olds parts

bigbry13

18 hours ago, pontiac1953 said:

you may already know, the regulator you need should be the same for 1954 to 1956 olds 98, 1954 to 1956 buick roadmaster, 1954 to 1956 cadillacs, all three makes - convertibles only.

That’s what I assumed myself but people I’ve spoken with haven’t made that 100% clear. 

You can make the '55-56 work with modification.  Not hard.  What can work correctly is convertible only.  Buick Special/Century and Olds 88,Super 88 and 98.  Push come to shove you can take hardtop versions and cut them down to work.  You will need a convertible version for a pattern.  

On 12/11/2018 at 10:57 AM, Auburncoupe said:

You can make the '55-56 work with modification.  Not hard.  What can work correctly is convertible only.  Buick Special/Century and Olds 88,Super 88 and 98.  Push come to shove you can take hardtop versions and cut them down to work.  You will need a convertible version for a pattern.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112263924094?ul_noapp=true

he only has one side, but do you think this would be the same fitment? says for a super 88 and he says it came from a convertible, i have a 98 star fire but I believe the glass is the same? 

2 hours ago, Auburncoupe said:

Does not look right to me but the picture was not great.  Looks like someone bought it.  

I bought it. If it doesn’t fit he said I can return it. Why would it not be right in your opinion? Is the regulator for an 88 and 98 different? 

• 1 month later...