Another one bites the dust

Vet4TC

Power to the chrysler dodge wreaking company for selling American car parts....unfortantly they wanted $600 for rear bumper assembly, $250 alone for shipping. Tempting but I can't justify that price. Btw, center console looked good in picture, $125 if anyone looking. 

Truthfully the shipping is going to be expensive no matter what. I was thinking about that the other day. The bumper covers are made of a type of harder urethane/plastic and tend to be brittle. So, in order to ship it without it getting broken it will have to go in a large, solid container of some kind.

The cost for the bumper cover...yeah, that's a bit much. Even if it includes the actual bumper, mounts, reverse lights, and tag lights.

Here's a question, will the insurance company pay for it? If so, get the best one you can!

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to provide an update. Going price for rear bumper assembly is $600. I have been watching ebay and offered $355 on a $450 price (excludes $130 shipping). I mentioned to the seller that these cars sell for about $700 hoping to let him know it may sit longer. This was his response  

WE DONT UNLOAD PARTS AS U CALL IT -----------NOW LETS PUT YR MONEY WHERE YR MOUTH IS U SAY 700.00 A CAR COMPLETE CAR ----FIND ME 3 OF THEM FOR 700.00 EACH AND I WILL BUY ALL 3 AND PAY TO SHIP THEM --SO GET TO WORK ----PUT YR MONEY WHERE YR MOUTH IS

I am tempted to post the seller company name, but will resist the urge. 

I have a feeling this place is in California...

If it's the same place I'm thinking of, others have reported bad dealings as well, unfortunately. The suck part is they had a 16V car.

As for the cars selling for $700...that's VERY LOW on the very wide spectrum of conditions and prices. Yes, there are those out there that go that low (I bought a totaled parts car for $400 a few years ago), but a more reasonable low price range is ~$1500 for a rough driver that you can part out.

What has your insurance come back with?

17 hours ago, Vet4TC said:

My TC got hurt. Doesn't seem too bad but can't locate a rear bumper assembly..any suggestions?

I mentioned to the seller that these cars sell for about $700 hoping to let him know it may sit longer. This was his response  

WE DONT UNLOAD PARTS AS U CALL IT -----------NOW LETS PUT YR MONEY WHERE YR MOUTH IS U SAY 700.00 A CAR COMPLETE CAR ----FIND ME 3 OF THEM FOR 700.00 EACH AND I WILL BUY ALL 3 AND PAY TO SHIP THEM --SO GET TO WORK ----PUT YR MONEY WHERE YR MOUTH IS. 

Thanks everyone, I will check oiut those leads. Also, I am located in Northern Virginia...willing to travel on waest coast for easy pick up. 

Vet4TC, you being a newbie makes me wonder if you own your TC as a collectible car or as a daily driver. If as a collectible, then you should have it insured as such and the insurance company would repair your TC at no charge. A collectible TC is a car used only for show and driving it to and from those locations, not to work or shopping.

If it is a daily driver, just drive it as it is. A damaged bumper cover will not prevent you from driving it. That aluminum bumper behind the plastic bumper cover is very hard to damage though the 2 impact absorbers may be collapsed. TC Parts is in Arizona, if you are interested. You may even be able to find a better TC there as west coast cars are not rotted our as are the ones in the snow belt.

• Like 2

This question came up when I got it registered. I would loved to have it as a collectors but with a son just needing a car for nearby school and work, we got the inspection done as a daily use. 

If we can work something out with insurance, this puppy is staying in the garage and treated better. 

7 hours ago, Vet4TC said:

This question came up when I got it registered. I would loved to have it as a collectors but with a son just needing a car for nearby school and work, we got the inspection done as a daily use. 

If we can work something out with insurance, this puppy is staying in the garage and treated better. 

https://www.hagerty.com/Insurance/Classic-Car-Insurance-PPC?

Hagerty Insurance is one many of us use. Check them out. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/5/2018 at 8:27 PM, Vet4TC said:

Sorry fellow members, my TC got hurt. Doesn't seem too bad but can't locate a rear bumper assembly..any suggestions?

I don't know where you are, but I sent two TC's to pick and pull in carson city NV a couple of months ago, Both had good rear bumpers