interchangable parts for pre war oldsmobile

jalopyjeff60

If it helps you, my 1950 Motors Flat Rate Manual says that 1938 Olds headlight lenses interchange with 1938 Cadillac and Pontiac and that the 1938 Olds reflectors interchange with 1938 Cadillac. The headlamp units themselves are 1938 Olds only and are different numbers for the six and the eight. 917603 for the six and 917585 for the eight.

• Like 2

You can try French Lake. I just got a 37 Pontiac air cleaner from them for my L-37 Olds. Slight mod and it works. For your car and mine I wish there was more info and interchange on them. I have all the books for mine and they are the worst for diagrams and info.

18 hours ago, 5219 said:

If it helps you, my 1950 Motors Flat Rate Manual says that 1938 Olds headlight lenses interchange with 1938 Cadillac and Pontiac and that the 1938 Olds reflectors interchange with 1938 Cadillac. The headlamp units themselves are 1938 Olds only and are different numbers for the six and the eight. 917603 for the six and 917585 for the eight.

thank you it helps me alot 

6 hours ago, GARY F said:

You can try French Lake. I just got a 37 Pontiac air cleaner from them for my L-37 Olds. Slight mod and it works. For your car and mine I wish there was more info and interchange on them. I have all the books for mine and they are the worst for diagrams and info.

The “joys” of owning a prewar Olds. I know them well!

Kind of surprised to see no mention of the Hollamder interchange series. This was the Bible for the auto wercking yards for generations. I am sure that reproduced copies can still be found. I have spent many enjoyable hours pawing through these things. It's like an American automotive history lessen. Many of the cars may no longer exist, but I have always found chasing their linage intriguing.