Now for something new ::::

pyntre

I am NOT  affiliated in any way with this company ; was just looking for blower manifolds for my 401 and look what I found ....maybe talk nice to this guy for a new dual quad manifold !!!!

Buick Nailhead 4 71 Blower Manifold
  • Buick Nailhead 4 71 Blower Manifold

Buick Nailhead 4 71 Blower Manifold

Gear Drive Speed & Custom

$ 850.00

Quantity

Add to Cart

7-1-2018

Coming soon is our 4/71 buick nailhead blower manifold.

This manifold will fit all three eras of nailheads 264-322, 364 and 401-425. Each manifold will be machined depending on cubic inch of engine. 

We plan to stock these manifolds coming fall of 2018, maybe sooner, we are working on CNC machine programs right now. 

Cost is yet to be determined but we're thinking $850 zone. 

Feel free to email or call the shop with questions.

651-485-8075 

• Like 1

I'm curious as to how "this manifold" will fit all three eras.  The spacing between the intake ports is different for each era.  That's because of the difference in deck height.  I don't know how machining can compensate for any differences.  They'll need separate casting for each era.  Just curious.  

There's a gentleman who's active on the V8BUICK forum who goes by the handle of 4TOE.  He was making an aftermarket dual four barrel intake for a while under the name of Eelco.  It got good reviews but didn't sell.  Is there really a market for one?  Of the after market dual four barrel intakes, none have been know to flow better than the original.  

If you really want some CFM's for your nailhead, see if you can find one of these.   Dual Quadrajets.

Image result for nailhead dual quadrajet intake

Or if you really want some CFM's flowing through your ol' "nail", see if you can find someone to cast a manifold for four quadrajets.

Image result for intake for four quadrajets

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

The Edelbrock 2x4 flows the best of ALL the manifolds bar none.  Where the 2x4 shows up better is AFTER the 1/4 mile, but before that the single 4 keeps the velocity up so it ends up making the poorer flowing heads breathe a little better.

• Like 1

I have a brand new one, never mounted, but NOT interested in selling at this point in time.  The carbs. are mounted further apart so the original air cleaner can't be used. I know someone who destroyed an original chrome dual snorkel air cleaner trying to get it ti fit. I have seen them go for as much as $1800.00 with the box.    RIDICULOUS!!!!!

AND, really the 4-71 is TOO SMALL for a 401/425. 8-71   It's kinda questionable on a 364. 6-71    Mostly for a 322/264.  ON a 322 IT WILL NOT lose low end at all if it has ANY BOOST.

As far as I'm concerned, now this is just my opinion, 2x4, blowers, 6x2, 8x2, 3x2 are all just eye candy. Everyone has a diff. idea about what looks COOL. Now on a racer all bets are off as they do have there place if the combination is built properly.

I could talk about this stuff for days on end.

Tom T.

• Like 1

I am only a few minutes from this guys shop ,,, gonna stop over and bend his ear on his plans with the Buick stuff ... by the looks of it he could create anything you wanted given some time and $$ 

The only reason I posted this is because I thought it being 2018  and the new tech that’s available maybe there would be some excitement about something new for the nailhead ...